Search results

1. D

list disappeared an now it's impossible to create new one

Hi, This morning I downloaded our MLM list. When I went to replace it with an updated version, I discovered that the list had disappeared. I tried replacing the MLM folder on our site with yesterday's version but it was still gone. As I have a copy of all the data necessary, I thought I'd...
  2. D

Can't log in into lm.php

Hi, Our provider recently made us migrate our site to a new server which meant reinstalling MLM. Every thing works OK, I can connect to remote lists within MBM, however for a reason that escapes me, I am no longer able to log into http://www.mysite.com/mailing/lm/lm.php or use any scripts. I...
  3. D

send event problem in FMP

Hello, I have just found that in MBM 8.5.3 the "Send event" function in Filemaker Pro that is integral to your Filemaker integration is not working. At least not for me on Filemaker 14.0.5 and OS X 10.11.5. The "Send event" won't seem to accept MBM as the designated app often displaying...
  4. D

Connecting to mysql database.

Hi, I have been wondering whether it is possible to connect a local FileMaker Pro database to the lists that MLM creates. For the moment I havent been able to work it out, even though I have an ODBC manager that gives me access to the mysql database related to my MLM list. However the MLM...
  5. D

Upload to MLM probème

I have a MLM list on a server. For some reason, last time I tried to upload to MLM, the list became partially truncated. There are 4409 addresses in the truncated list on the server. There are 4935 addresses on the backup with no duplicates. Every time I try to "upload to MLM" the backup to...
  6. D

crashing

MBM has started crashing on me. I am trying to save a HTML message in HTML only mode. The endless spinning ball occurs either when I want to copy some HTML in a pre-existing document or when I want to save the modified HTML. Any ideas about what to do to overcome this?
  7. D

media query and inline css

Hi, I am trying to use "media query" and "inline css" to try and make dynamic emails that reformat depending on whether they are read on a Mac, PC or mobile device. But apparently MBM hinders the dynamics and the emails remain rigid. Is there a workaround for resolving this?
  8. D

applescript problem

Hi, I have been using this Applescript for yonks tell application "my drive:Applications:MaxBulk Mailer:MaxBulk Mailer.app" activate SaveList SelectList "x" AddRecipient SaveList end tell All of a sudden, now that I want to modify it, "SelectList" provokes a Syntax error...
  9. D

Antidote

Hi, When I'm writing in French, I use Antidote which is a fantastic spell and grammar checker. However MaxBulk Mailer is the first application I've come across where Antidote cannot retrieve the text to check it. I have to manually copy the text, open Antidote and paste it in, check it...
  10. D

Opt field to end with empty space

I would like the "Opt" recipient fields to be able to handle empty spaces at the end of a field. In my French newsletter I distinguish between those I call "tu" and those I call "vous" so that I need an Opt field that is either «t'» (with no ending space) or «vous » (with an ending space)...
  11. D

MySQL MLM — editing options in list displays

When you display a list in MLM in a browser and you choose any particular entry, the administrator is able to edit "first name", "last name", "company" and "email". How can I get MLM to display "opt1", "opt2" etc. on the same page?
  12. D

subscribe_single_fixed.php problem

We use subscribe_single_fixed.php for letting clients subscribe to our newsletter. The subscription part works fine. Just recently, it's when someone wishes to unsubscribe that they get an error message even when their address is in the list. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I did make...
  13. D

applescript issue

Hi, I use this applescript to add recipients to a given list tell application "my drive:Applications:MaxBulk Mailer:MaxBulk Mailer.app" activate SaveList SelectList "x" AddRecipient SaveList end tell However when I use it in a loop the "SelectList" part does not finish loading before...
  14. D

MLM has lost the connection with the databases

I had MLM setup and running beautifully and all of a sudden my lists have disappeared from MBM and when I try to access the URL with "…lm.php?cmd=admin&action=showlists", yet in PHPMyAdmin they are still there and I haven't changed anything in "lm_settings.php". How can you troubleshoot this ?
  15. D

creating databases in mysql

Hi, I have successfully installed MLM manually but when I try to create a new database by clicking on "new" under I get an error message . Several people on the forum have said that the solution to that is to change however that does not resolve the issue for me. What else can be done ? My...
  16. D

list import function problem

After having uploaded tons of lists to my different accounts over the years, using either or , all of a sudden I am confronted with a few lists that crash before the process is completed. I doubt whether this has anything to do with the warning issued on as even if I reduce the size of the...
  17. D

HTML problem

Links like this one <div align="center">[dewplayer:http://www.xxxx.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Martin-O.mp3] </div> show up as HTML code in MBM rather than as a link. All the rest of the HTML in the emails works correctly. Any ideas what's wrong here ?
  18. D

export problem

In recent versions I sometimes have an export list problem. i select the list I want to export and when I choose "export recipients" the left-hand list is not only empty but dimmed, making it impossible to export anything. Like this Any idea what may be the reason for this?
  19. D

Where are the different language version of error messages?

I wanted to modify the French version of one of the error messages that are to be found in lm.php. However I cant find the French versions, can you tell me where they are kept. The one I wanted to modify is line 593 Geoff
  20. D

click-through tracking problem

Hi, Yesterday I sent out one of our newsletters as usual. Only when I clicked on "send" I got a message asking me whether I really wanted to send out a message with "click-through tracking" disabled. Without thinking, I mechanically responded so that "click-through tracking" was enabled. Not...