Code:
tell application "my drive:Applications:MaxBulk Mailer:MaxBulk Mailer.app"
   activate
SaveList
   SelectList "x"
   AddRecipient 
   SaveList
   end tell

All of a sudden, now that I want to modify it, "SelectList" provokes a Syntax error.

untitled.tiff3.jpg

Is this a Mavericks problem? Does anyone know how to get this to work again?

dysong3

Putting in a return after "SelectList" enables the script to compile, however the problem is not resolved as there is a new error message
AppleScript Error The variable SaveList is not defined.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is weird because 'SaveList' is a command, not a variable. Have you tried to remove that line and write it again?

dysong3

I haven't found the solution yet but I think I've found the source of the problem. Every time I try to open the dictionary of Maxbullk Mailer in Applescript Editor, the editor crashes. Trying to navigate to Maxbullk Mailer via "open dictionary" just gives me a never-ending spinning beach ball and if I try to drag and drop Maxbullk Mailer onto Applescript Editor I get a message saying that the application isn't scriptable. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

dysong3

I have tried executing the same script on another computer and I am getting similar results. The running of the script provokes a series of errors, and "open dictionary" in Applescript Editor cannot open the dictionary of MaxBulk Mailer which is greyed out. Is MaxBulk Mailer 8.4.7 actually unscriptable? If so can you tell me the last version which was scriptable and where I can find it on the site?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
For 8.4.7 we updated all the applescript code to work with Maverick. We used oficial Apple tools to convert the code and the dictionary. I will have a look.

dysong3

Will downgrading to 8.4.6 fix this temporarily? If so where can I find it? If not, how far do I have to go back?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think so, 8.4.6 was built with previous compilers, the one we have used for several years.

dysong3

I finally realized that this is not an Applescript problem but a Filemaker Pro one. I am using this form within a Filemaker script. I imagine that something has changed in Filemaker's treatment of Applescripts form Filemaker 13. Are you aware of anything in this level which might be of help?

dysong3

Sorry, last post was an error. I did have a Filemaker problem in that the "DATA" field form your template somehow got corrupted, but that has been resolved but the problem of Applescript not being able to open MBM dictionary and the error messages when the script executes are still valid.