Major Bug with unsubscribe link

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

Basically it works when I generate the unsubscribe link manually. But now there is another problem:
The tag [Listenname], German version of [List name], seems not to be resolved properly. When I click on the "Abmelden" (Remove) link in the Mail, MLM comes up with "The list 'Externe Listen' was not found on this server'". "Externe Listen" is the German word for "Remote Lists".

This bug seems to have existed already in 8.5. I checked the last mailing reports and they always say "Listenname: Externe Listen", regardless to what list the mail has been sent. Nevertheless the unsubscribe link generated by the program works fine and points to the right list.

I hope this gives you a hint to track down this issue finally.

Regards

Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, so you have selected 'Remote List' and then a list from the second list box right?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
New 8.5.4 fixes the list name problem. You can now use the full unsubscribe link, the full lm.php URL followed by: ?cmd=unsubscribe&list=[List name]&email=[E-mail Address]

New 8.5.4 fixes the list name problem. You can now use the full unsubscribe link, the full lm.php URL followed by: ?cmd=unsubscribe&list=[List name]&email=[E-mail Address]
Hi,
I'm still having troubles with the unsubscribe link : I can't use the "full lm.php URL followed by: ?cmd=unsubscribe&list=[List name]&email=[E-mail Address] ". I'm not very used to this kind of software so I don't know what to do with that, when I put the url of my lm.php fil, I get a "you didn't specified e-mail" in return. So this is problem one.
Problem 2
After update I try again the unsubscribe command outside my html newsletter and it's working just for one time. I f I change something in the message, it's arriving blank again. I have to quit the software after my changes and restart the sending… This is very anoying since, after my changes I send thousand of blank message before I realized that I can't touch the message at all after I pasted it from my composing software (I use BleuGriffon).
if you have any Idea I could be more sure about what I'm sending, that would be great.
all the best,
Samuel

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You will find below the links to download Windows and macOS versions of a tool that acts as a SMTP server but capture what is sent thru the selected port. Indeed the tool uses port 2002 and since you will run it on your computer, it is accesible thru localhost:

Windows: http://www.maxprog.com/misc/tools/SMTP_Server_win.zip
macOS: http://www.maxprog.com/misc/tools/SMTP_Server_mac.zip

Download the tool and launch it, then click on the 'Listen' button to start the server and make it create listening sockets.

Then launch MaxBulk Mailer, open the message that fails, the one that arrive empty but set the server to 'localhost:2002' without quotes. Do not use SSL nor TLS. Send your message.

The server will respond to all requests, will accept the message and will store it into a folder next to the app labeled 'Queue'.

Open the Queue folder, you will see a file per address you send the message to. I would really like to see it as it is the MaxBulk Mailer output, what is sent to your server.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, now we can see that the MaxBulk Mailer output is empty. Something wrong is happening during the creation of the message.

Step 2: Download this debugging version of MaxBulk Mailer and send your message again. I have modified that special version of MaxBulk Mailer to send me debug data thru email during the message creation. Let see what internal function is outputting empty text.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. I received the 5 debugging message with your message before and after several steps. Now download this other build, launch it and send your message again. This new build will send me 20 debug messages about your message during all the tag processing. Let see where the message contents disappear. Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I received the 20 debug messages and one of them is an Exception. Now download this new build. It will send me one single message with all the info about that exception. It is being raised in a small block of 20 lines but first I need to know what exception it is. We are closed. Waiting for you to perform this step. Thanks.

Hi,
it's the same situation, I tried different format, only text alone is working (utf-8), all other possibilities are blank at arrival. I use 2 different computer (both mac) an same issue.