Major Bug with unsubscribe link

AgentFuel

I have been sitting here banging my head against the wall. Finally found this thread and am presenting the exact same problems. Content is blank when [unsubscribe] tag is not present and displays when removed.

I tried all the other troubleshooting from this thread and am at a loss as well. The only thing I can think of is that my template is an import from MailChimp a service I still use occasionally for some other lists.

Is everyone else using their own code or code from another service like mailchimp. I searched the code and nothing seems wrong with it.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the same exact issue? Message empty when you include the [Unsubscribe] tag in your message? And the message is sent normally if you remove that tag?

ffmedia

Same issue here.

Test Message #1 - Send out style text e-mail and received a blank message with only the attachment I included.

Test Message #2 - Closed out Maxbulk Mailer application, reopened it, and e-mail was sent/received correctly.

Test Message #3 - Received a blank message again with only the attachment included.

I have not tried sending without the unsubscribe link.

Using Maxbulk Mailer v8.5.1 on a Mac OS v10.10.5

chrisball

Has anyone found a solution to this problem.

As I see it the problem exists the when you include the unsubscribe link in the email and it is not the first time you have sent the email.

If I open MaxBulk Mailer and immediately send the email it goes OK.

If I then hit reset and send again the email is blank when received.

I can't believe that this has only been seen by a hand full of people.

Could this be because I am using a Mac instead of a PC?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
4 users are affected so far. I have tried myself everything to reproduce the problem here unsuccessfully. The best would be to get your document and a full export of your settings (File > Settings > Export). Then I would have MaxBulk Mailer in the same situation as you. A step by step procedure will also help. You can send all that opening a support ticket here.

stanbusk said:
With current MaxBulk Mailer 8.5.3? :-/

Yes I have the latest version of OS & Max Bulk and each time I have unsubscribe link, the message is empty. sometimes it worked, I can't figure out why.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

same here. The latest version we can use is 8.5. It works without problem.
I have tested 8.5.3 with OS X 10.11.4

It's definitely the unsubscribe link. If it's in the mail, it's sent blank.

Regards

Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what the problem is, not enough information and too few people affected, 3 or 4 if I am right. I have never been able to reproduce the problem here on any of your computers. So, right now, it is a mystery.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,
I hope this doesn't drive you crazy. Have these users something in common. At least two of them seem to be German. Are they also using Strato as a provider?
Just an idea.

We have a saying in German: "Stochern mit der Stange im Nebel" for this kind of thing. In English it could be "Fiddling around with a stick in the fog". So let's keep on trying. :)

Regards
Prodrive

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it is frustrating :-( ... Indeed the best here will be finding the thing in common. By the way, are you using a Mac or a PC?

Prodrive said:
Hi Stan,
I hope this doesn't drive you crazy. Have these users something in common. At least two of them seem to be German. Are they also using Strato as a provider?

Hi !
I'm french but I'm using Strato and having this problem.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

I just tested with another provider: The same problem. So forget about Strato as a reason.

Sorry

Regards

Lutz

P.S. I am working with a Mac with 10.11.5

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I will try to build a debug tool to capture the output of MaxBulk Mailer on your machine.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting...

Have you tried to use the plain unsubscribe link in place of the [Unsubscribe] tag?

lm.php?cmd=unsubscribe&list=[List name]&email=[E-mail Address]

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The full lm.php URL followed by:

?cmd=unsubscribe&list=[List name]&email=[E-mail Address]

Using localized tags if you are not using the english version of MaxBulk Mailer.