Budget

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Eso iCash ya lo hace, puede que no vea esta suma cuanto la categoría está minimizada, es esto el problema?

xnitinx

Dear Stan,
I am still unable to find out where does the highlighted figure of 44930.90 comes from.
And secondly what to infer from 75.5% (second box)
I used latest version 7.4.5 on windows vista and tried every possibilities under tools and rebuild index.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a test, could you create a copy of your document and in that copy remove all those starting balances? Once done, do you get the right values?

xnitinx

I removed the starting balances but did not get the right values.. :(
Even tried with tools like diagnose, and rebuilding index.

xnitinx

Dear Stan,
I found the error.
When I pay for some asset account using my credit card it is taken as expense in budget.
Actually it should not be considered as expense but as transfer of amount from one category to another.

probably needs to be rectified.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, I don't understand, the budget Expense part only takes expenses into account, transaction from a bank account to an expense account. Transactions to an asset account have nothing to do with that, they are not expenses. Can you detail the transaction that is causing this?

xnitinx

I have created a new file with only two transactions.
In pic named slide1, Origin account (highlighted as 1) is Credit Card 1 which is Liability account. Target account (highlighted as 2) is Lending 1 which is Asset account.
Hence it should not be considered as expense.

Now when you see second pic named slide 2, you will find it as expense (highlighted as 3). I mean that the figure of 50 in budget should actually be 20 only.

xnitinx

Hello Stan,
In continuation to my earlier post, in the same file you can notice one more thing.
If u check the screenshot below, for budget, highlight 1 is a period from 1st Aug'11 to 31st Mar'12 i.e. 8 months.
Now the highlight 2 which is 60 should actually be 20x8=160

Best Regards,

xnitinx

Hi Stan,
In this thread earlier I had posted 2 things.
1. Budget takes transfer to asset account as expense (posted on 27th Mar'12)
2. For a select period range the budgeted total displayed is not as it should be (posted on 29th Mar'12)

I find one more thing which needs to be seen.
3. In budget, calculate field, there is drop down menu which gives an option of total and average of selected period. However both these options gives same result.

Fixing these will make this one of the best personal finance softwares even better.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I just posted a reply above. I also looked at the Total/Average thing. The only difference is that if you select 'Average', all intervals are reseted to 'Monthly'.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
My reply is gone of the system :-/ I have fixed lots of things in the budget for next version. Indeed lots of problems come the custom date range, an option that was added later. We are only ten days from the next release, have a try of that one when available and tell me if there is something else to fix.