Budget

xnitinx

In screenshot below, Data A and Data B should be same i.e. 20
In the file attached in earlier post you will find that the expense in month of March is 20 and hence Data B should also be 20 and not 50.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I will have time in the next few days to dedicate exclusively to this problem. What I need is a file where I can see that. The file(s) you sent to me don't show that, believe me. As soon as I can reproduce a problem here it is easy to fix. A screenshot is good and sometimes help but in this case a file is better. I can open it, verify the problem exists, fix it and then verify the problem is gone. I can't do that with a screenshot. The iCash Budget feature is extremely complex peace of code.

xnitinx

Pls find attached the file.
You need to select march month under budget.
It is same file from where I have taken the screenshot posted earlier.
Also just a thought, can't we pick the data highlighted as "B" in earlier post i.e. 50 from same code that gives period specific data in P&L statement.
If we can do that it will reflect the correct figures.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I still can't reproduce any problem. You have in budget -20.00 and the status line says -20.00. For march you have -20.00 as expenses and -30.00 as liabilities, a total of -50.00 and the status line says -50.00, since you have the same expenses for budget and march you get the '=' sign and a variation of +30.00 on the status line since you go from 0 (budget) to -30.00 (march for liabilities. I don't see any error at all. The Summary is also ok. What are you expecting?

xnitinx

The status line says -50. But the actual expense is -20 only.
Shouldn't it show -20 in place of -50 ?
Or to put in other words, should't the figure B of -50 be -20, as actual expense is -20 only.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
No, it is -20-30=-50. It sums expenses and liabilities, the second number is the period sum.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean with 'Asset'? The budget feature only includes Expenses, Incomes and Liabilities. Not assets.