Budget

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is respectively the budget total, the period total and the variation between the twos.

xnitinx

Period total doesn't seem to be in accordance with actual period total. In attachement (slide 1) saving for current month is 46367, but in budget (Slide2) it is 31901.

Also the budgeted figure is for complete year and actual is for stated period (here for current month).
Variation is being calculated by comparing budgeted with current month actual which does not reflect the actual case.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have checked all test budgets here and even the code. I don't see any error. Have you tried to select the period again?

xnitinx

In the highlighted text in lower corner, iCash compares the annual budget with the specified period eg it will compare the annual budget with the monthly budget and will reflect the % variation. It will not be the right picture as the budget should also be taken for corrosponding period only and not for complete year.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure? I fully rewrite the budget total calculation and the modifications passed all tests :-/

xnitinx

Dear Stan,
I started to use iCash in Aug'2009.
When I check budget for account eg "electricity " the result is not what is expected.
If for period i select "All transaction" then the highlighted text 1 is 6000 which is annual budgeted expense.
Text 2 is the actual for the "all transaction" period. Text 3 is the difference.
Now text 3 should not compare the difference between 1 and 2 as text 3 is for all transactions from Aug'09 onwards and text 1 is the annual budgeted expense.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
About your last screenshot, what would be the right display for you, I mean, what are you expecting?

xnitinx

In place of highlighted text 1 i.e. 6000, i expect the total budgeted amount for "all transactions" (500 x no. of months).
In place of highlighted text 3 i.e. 2850 i expect difference between figure 1 (as calculated by above method) and 2850.

Best regards,
Nitin

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It is what I though you were expecting. Indeed the budget is a Yearly thing, I mean, the budget data is always for one single year. It is the comparison data that can be longer, when you select 'All Transactions'. As a result there is indeed a problem. I will try to fix that as soon as possible.

sapopito

Hola,

aún no manejo muy bien la pestaña de presupuestos, pero propongo una mejora que me resultaría muy comoda.
Sería útil que al lado de cada categoría saliese la suma presupuestada para dicha categoría, que corresponde sencillamente a la suma de los presupuestos de cada cuenta de dicha categoría.

Así además de saber por ejemplo cual es el presupuesto global para cada categoría, si se minimiza dicha categoría se sigue viendo cual es el presupuesto.

Espero haberme explicado correctamente.

Gracias.

Un saludo