There are times a software or its settings files may become corrupted, that usually happens after a system or an application crash. Including directory privileges can be an issue in given situations. If files become corrupted, you may see one or more of these problems:
- Crash on start, MaxBulk simply quits, crashes on start or doesn't even start.
- Crash during software operations. MaxBulk crashes during e-mail deliveries.
- Impossible to save documents. 'Save' and 'Save As' menus don't respond anymore.
In order to resolve the problem, please follow the steps listed below:
For Mac OS X:
First of all, check your system for haxies. Haxie is a term in computing for a hack specifically designed for use with the Mac OS X operating system. Haxies typically offer small interface tweaks to the system or existing programs (ex. Default Folder, FinderPop, ...). Haxies make changes to Mac OS X that Apple did not intend, they are frequently the cause of system instability and unexpected quits. If you are experiencing inexplicable glitches with MaxBulk Mailer, disable your haxies as a troubleshooting step. Note that most of them include an exception list you can add MaxBulk Mailer to.
- If your system is Haxie free try step #3 first.
- If it doesn't make any differences, try step #5.
- If it doesn't fix your problem either then perform all steps from #1 to #10
1.- Remove all MaxBulk Mailer copies from your computer.
10.- Copy MaxBulk Mailer folder to your application folder.
If the problem persists we recommend you to use Onyx. Onyx is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed. If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
Once done, restart your computer.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Try step #3 first.
- If it doesn't fix your problem then perform all steps from #1 to #6
1.- Remove all MaxBulk Mailer copies from your computer.
2.- Remove these 2 folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\My Documents\Maxprog\MaxBulk Mailer\Connection Logs\
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\My Documents\Maxprog\MaxBulk Mailer\Error Logs\
3.- Remove this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\Application Data\Maxprog\MaxBulk\MaxPrefs.ini
MaxBulk Mailer is a full-featured and easy-to-use bulk mailer and mail-merge software for macOS and Windows that allows you to send out customized press releases, prices lists, newsletters and any kind of text or HTML documents to your customers or contacts.
MaxBulk Mailer is fast, fully customizable and very easy to use. MaxBulk Mailer handles plain text, HTML and rich text documents and gives full support for attachments. With MaxBulk Mailer you will create, manage and send your own powerful, personalized marketing message to your customers and potential customers.
Thanks to its advanced mail-merge and conditional functions you can send highly customized messages and get the best results of your campaigns. You also have support for international characters, a straightforward account manager with support for all type of authentication schemes including SSL, a complete and versatile list manager, support for importation from a wide range of sources including from remote mySQL and postgreSQL databases.
MaxBulk Mailer is a software tool that you purchase once, no need to pay on a per-email basis to submission services!
If you want to make the most of the software that you have acquired at Maxprog, do not miss the Stan's Blog. It is a library of Tutorials and Tips covering specific features and tipical problems you may have when using our tools. This page is updated regularly depending on the topics discussed in our public forums and issues reported thru our HelpDesk. If you are interested on what we are currently working on (or want to participate in beta testings) don't miss the Stan's Logbook.
For years, MAX Programming has provided companies around the globe with sophisticated and innovative solutions. Our commitment to quality is not only evident in our products, but also in our people. It is our mission in Professional Support Services to ensure that our products perform to the fullest of their ability in order to meet the business objectives of our customers. We provide the tools and information required for improved productivity. To accomplish this, we offer an array of services including: Technical Support, Education Services and Consulting Services.
WAIT! In order to add a comment below just use your Facebook, Google+, Twitter or Disqus login data.