You can import recipients from FileMaker databases two ways. First is simply exporting FileMaker records to a plain text file and then importing that file to MaxBulk Mailer. Second way is directly from inside FileMaker, using a script. This second method works only on Mac OS X though.
Exporting records to a plain text file:
- Open your FileMaker database.
- Select the 'Records | Show All Records' menu and/or perform a search.
- Select the 'File | Export Records...' menu.
- Select 'Tab-Separated Text' from the Type pull-down menu.
- Give a name and press the Save button.
- Import the resulting file using MaxBulk 'File | Import from a file' menu.
Note that for this last step, you have to make sure your file fields are properly lined-up with MaxBulk's. Use the 'Up' and 'Down' buttons on the right to move MaxBulk fields until they match your file fields and uncheck the one you don't need.
Using a FileMaker script (Mac OS X only):
You have to follow the FileMaker integration guide that comes with the software. It explains you how to:
- Add a calculation field to gather the record data.
- Create the script defining the event type and target application.
- Eventually, how to assign your script to a button.
MaxBulk Mailer is a full-featured and easy-to-use bulk mailer and mail-merge software for macOS and Windows that allows you to send out customized press releases, prices lists, newsletters and any kind of text or HTML documents to your customers or contacts.
MaxBulk Mailer is fast, fully customizable and very easy to use. MaxBulk Mailer handles plain text, HTML and rich text documents and gives full support for attachments. With MaxBulk Mailer you will create, manage and send your own powerful, personalized marketing message to your customers and potential customers.
Thanks to its advanced mail-merge and conditional functions you can send highly customized messages and get the best results of your campaigns. You also have support for international characters, a straightforward account manager with support for all type of authentication schemes including SSL, a complete and versatile list manager, support for importation from a wide range of sources including from remote mySQL and postgreSQL databases.
MaxBulk Mailer is a software tool that you purchase once, no need to pay on a per-email basis to submission services!