There are times a software or its settings files may become corrupted, that usually happens after a system or an application crash. Including directory privileges can be an issue in given situations. If files become corrupted, you may see one or more of these problems:
- Crash on start, iCash simply quits, crashes on start or doesn't even start.
- Crash during software operations. iCash crashes creating reports, adding data...
- Crash opening documents.
In order to resolve the problem, please follow the steps listed below:
10.- Copy iCash folder to your application folder.
If the problem persists we recommend you to use Onyx. Onyx is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed. If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
Once done, restart your computer.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Try step #3 first.
- If it doesn't fix your problem then perform all steps from #1 to #6
1.- Remove all iCash copies from your computer.
2.- Remove these 2 folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\My Documents\Maxprog\iCash\Database Logs\
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\My Documents\Maxprog\iCash\Error Logs\
3.- Remove this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\Application Data\Maxprog\iCash\iCash.ini
iCash is a software intended to control your personal finance, keeping track of incomes, expenses, credits, debts and Banks transactions for you. As simple as creating the accounts you need and move money between them! You don't even need to know about accounting or even care about it! Your finances depends largely on good organization that lets you know where your money comes from and to where it goes.
iCash is an easy-to-use, full featured and multi-purpose Personal Finance Manager tool for macOS and Windows intended to help you control all kinds of money issues. iCash can serve several small accounting needs for either private users, or clubs, associations, self-employed, small businesses or simply to be used at home, making keeping track of incomes, expenses and Banks transactions a snap.
With a few clicks you can begin creating accounts and making transactions in minutes.
iCash is versatil and user-friendly. For this reason it doesn't use the principle of double-entry bookkeeping making it much easier to be used by people with very little or no accounting knowledge at all.
Simply create accounts for all your expenses, incomes, Banks... and start moving money between them! iCash will then allow you to find out where all your money comes from and where it goes. All accounts are well organized according to user-defined categories and built-in types so reports can be tailored to include all records or only ones meeting specified criteria.
Cash also allows you to have as many money manager documents as necessary so you can control almost anything from Clubs, associations, home and so on at the same time.