There are times a software or its settings files may become corrupted, that usually happens after a system or an application crash. Including directory privileges can be an issue in given situations. If files become corrupted, you may see one or more of these problems:
- Crash on start, iCash simply quits, crashes on start or doesn't even start.
- Crash during software operations. iCash crashes creating reports, adding data...
- Crash opening documents.
In order to resolve the problem, please follow the steps listed below:
For Mac OS X:
First of all, check your system for haxies. Haxie is a term in computing for a hack specifically designed for use with the Mac OS X operating system. Haxies typically offer small interface tweaks to the system or existing programs (ex. Default Folder, FinderPop, ...). Haxies make changes to Mac OS X that Apple did not intend, they are frequently the cause of system instability and unexpected quits. If you are experiencing inexplicable glitches with iCash, disable your haxies as a troubleshooting step. Note that most of them include an exception list you can add iCash to.
- If your system is Haxie free Try step #3 first.
- If it doesn't make any differences, try step #5.
- If it doesn't fix your problem either then perform all steps from #1 to #10
10.- Copy iCash folder to your application folder.
If the problem persists we recommend you to use Onyx. Onyx is a tool that can help you fix problems on your system. Go to the 'Automation' panel, select all the options and click on the 'Execute' button. Then restart your computer and check if your problem has been fixed. If your problem has not been fixed you will have to run the tasks manually. Note that you will be asked to reboot after each task. There is no need to do that, just reboot once you have run all the tasks.
- Run the permissions reparation from the first sub-panel by clicking on 'Execute'.
- Select the 'Daily', 'Weekly' and 'Monthly' scripts from the 'Scripts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Select 'LaunchServices' and 'dyld's from the 'Rebuild' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button. (You can also select to rebuild the Spotlight Index).
- Check everything from the 'System' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'User' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Browser Cache' and 'Download Cache' from the 'Internet' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'System and Users' from the 'Fonts' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check everything from the 'Logs' sub-panel *BUT* 'Conversations log of instant messaging' and click on the 'Execute' button.
- Check 'Recent Items', 'Obsolete items' and 'Previous 'iTunes Libraries' from the 'Misc' sub-panel and click on the 'Execute' button.
Once done, restart your computer.
For Microsoft Windows:
- Try step #3 first.
- If it doesn't fix your problem then perform all steps from #1 to #6
1.- Remove all iCash copies from your computer.
2.- Remove these 2 folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\My Documents\Maxprog\iCash\Database Logs\
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\My Documents\Maxprog\iCash\Error Logs\
3.- Remove this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account_name>\Application Data\Maxprog\iCash\iCash.ini
If you want to make the most of the software that you have acquired at Maxprog, do not miss the Stan's Blog. It is a library of Tutorials and Tips covering specific features and tipical problems you may have when using our tools. This page is updated regularly depending on the topics discussed in our public forums and issues reported thru our HelpDesk. If you are interested on what we are currently working on (or want to participate in beta testings) don't miss the Stan's Logbook.
For years, MAX Programming has provided companies around the globe with sophisticated and innovative solutions. Our commitment to quality is not only evident in our products, but also in our people. It is our mission in Professional Support Services to ensure that our products perform to the fullest of their ability in order to meet the business objectives of our customers. We provide the tools and information required for improved productivity. To accomplish this, we offer an array of services including: Technical Support, Education Services and Consulting Services.
iCash is a software intended to control your personal finance, keeping track of incomes, expenses, credits, debts and Banks transactions for you. As simple as creating the accounts you need and move money between them! You don't even need to know about accounting or even care about it! Your finances depends largely on good organization that lets you know where your money comes from and to where it goes.
iCash is an easy-to-use, full featured and multi-purpose Personal Finance Manager tool for macOS and Windows intended to help you control all kinds of money issues. iCash can serve several small accounting needs for either private users, or clubs, associations, self-employed, small businesses or simply to be used at home, making keeping track of incomes, expenses and Banks transactions a snap.
With a few clicks you can begin creating accounts and making transactions in minutes.
iCash is versatil and user-friendly. For this reason it doesn't use the principle of double-entry bookkeeping making it much easier to be used by people with very little or no accounting knowledge at all.
Simply create accounts for all your expenses, incomes, Banks... and start moving money between them! iCash will then allow you to find out where all your money comes from and where it goes. All accounts are well organized according to user-defined categories and built-in types so reports can be tailored to include all records or only ones meeting specified criteria.
Cash also allows you to have as many money manager documents as necessary so you can control almost anything from Clubs, associations, home and so on at the same time.
WAIT! In order to add a comment below just use your Facebook, Google+, Twitter or Disqus login data.