MBM now asking to set password before each send.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you created the account in the MaxBulk Mailer settings panel?
Do you select that account before sending your message?

crazylev

I think I may have discovered something:

If you create a new MBM document, the saved settings are saved. In other words, File>New, take a look at the settings in the new document. Mine defaulted to my "created" account. In addition, when I went to send a quick test to myself, I was not asked to enter a password.

The problem seems to be with MBM documents created in some earlier version of MBM. Ussually when I create a new email document, I do a Save-As from another MBM document.

It looks like the way to do this is to first create a new document and then go from there.

Can anyone else confirm my new document theory?

Jonathan

crazylev

Well, an update:

After quitting MBM and then relaunching the program, opening the newly made MBM document, the settings did NOT default to my "settings". Weird.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have found a problem when reading a document, the password is not properly restored. So it only affects file reading, not the account manager. I will work on a fix as soon as posible.

smartakus

Upgraded to 8.4.6 - still getting this error, just as I was with the last version:

An authentication error occurred while communicating with the server. Check your account settings and try again.

The servier has rejected your login because either your Account ID or Password is invalid or your account is inactive. See the server connection log for details.
This is getting old. :? Was hoping that the new update was to fix this problem, but apparently not. Any suggestions? Newsletter has to go out 12/31 - I'm glad I was a few days early so that I can troubleshoot this now.

smartakus

The problem seems to be with MBM documents created in some earlier version of MBM. Ussually when I create a new email document, I do a Save-As from another MBM document.

It looks like the way to do this is to first create a new document and then go from there.

I tried creating a brand new document (I usually do a "save-as" too), but it didn't make any difference. Same error message.

lesplan

Is there a fix for this Yet???

We have a mass mailing to go out in a week and I need to know if I should upgrade or use the earlier version that does not have this bug.

lesplan

Ok thanks for letting me know.

I won't bother updating at this time until I know for sure this bug has been fixed.

I agree -- VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

malcw

I am having exactly the same issues after updating to MaxBulk 8.4.6. (I'm on Mac OSX Mavericks)
Continued authentication errors after sending just one email.
I've tried many combinations of settings and deleted and set up a new account but nothing works.
I have an important mailing to get out and I'm at the point of looking for an alternative mailing app but I've always been happy with MaxBulk so would prefer to stick with it. Is there any chance of a fix please?

lesplan

Is there any chance of a fix please?

I would like to use the newest version.

This seems to be a problem with people who have upgraded to Mavericks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The problem was fixed on december 16th with version 8.4.6. If a document still gives problem, update the settings by selecting the account from the account pull-down menu and save the document.

smartakus

Hi Stan -

This didn't work for me.

The problem was fixed on december 16th with version 8.4.6. If a document still gives problem, update the settings by selecting the account from the account pull-down menu and save the document.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Before sending a message do you select the server settings using the settings pull-down menu?

smartakus

Yes, I went to the Settings tab, selected all my settings, re-entered the account ID and password, and saved the document. Tried to send, and got the same error message (3 times). I also tried re-entering the account ID and password and saving it as a new account, and re-naming it. Still getting the same error message.

Cannot get MBM to send after trying all of these things repeatedly.

Before sending a message do you select the server settings using the settings pull-down menu?