MBM now asking to set password before each send.

smartakus

Not sure if you're asking me or lesplan, Stan - but yes, I do, and I'm still getting the error message. I even tried this with an old newsletter that I successfully sent out before the upgrade and all the problems started - and I was unable to send a test copy even after following your instructions. :(

Do you select your account from the account pull-down menu before the delivery?

Digitalpaws

Me too, problem still persists in latest version whatever I try. Havign to send newsletters out from laptop with an old version. Very inconvenient. Looking forward to getting back to normal.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I revert the change that was made, saving/restoring password from documents, I don't know what to say, are you sure you are using the very last version? Did you reload it?

smartakus

Stan -

Just to be sure, I uninstalled MaxBulk Mailer, downloaded a fresh copy and installed it. Went through all the steps that you listed. Still no joy. It is still refusing to send, still giving the same error message - even after selecting my account via the pull-down menu.

I don't know what to say either - at this point I'm so frustrated and so in need of a program that works I can't wait for a fix much longer.

I revert the change that was made, saving/restoring password from documents, I don't know what to say, are you sure you are using the very last version? Did you reload it?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure your settings are correct? Both user ID and password? Have you tried to use PLAIN rather lOGIN?

smartakus

Account ID and password are correct, and I have re-entered them, numerous times.* And saved. Email still will not send.

When I select PLAIN rather than LOGIN, the email sent, but it is not HTML formatted. Unreadable.

*when I send a monthly email, I use the last month's document and do a "save as" as soon as I make changes. So nothing about my settings has changed in over two years. The newsletters went out flawlessly each month until I upgraded to Mavericks. This is the only thing that has changed - and also the only common factor (that I'm aware of) among the rest of the folks here having the same problem....

Are you sure your settings are correct? Both user ID and password? Have you tried to use PLAIN rather lOGIN?