Search results

1. A

mistaken upgrade

By a fluke I allowed MacKeeper to update iCash to the latest version & installed it, not realising it was not an update but a paid upgrade. I had v550 which is perfectly fine for my needs. I re-downloaded and installed it, so far so good; but when I click to open my folder I get a warning "this...
  2. A

Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 1

I use two Credit cards, both Mastercard (MCAB & MCHGr) but attached to different banks. Both are paid fully at the end of each month, meaning I use them as I would a check. They are set up as Type : Liability / Category : credit card. They appear with a yellow dot in the Accounts listing. One...
  3. A

I checked 'How to input loan transactions' and I don't see how that answers my question. In my understanding, transactions originating in CC (to be paid at the end of the month, no interest charged) should appear 'neutral' . The monthly statement sent by the credit card company would include...
  4. A

Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 2

This is exactly what I have been doing all along, but the 'Expense' transaction Origin Bank to Target CC does NOT appear under 'Expenses' in a Query, whereas the transactions which appear are those with Origin CC to Target X (Charges to the Credit card). Would it not be better if I sent you...
  5. A

Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 1 I'm not sure I understand: 1. I enter a transaction when I charge the CC (Origin Acc: CC) 2. I enter another transaction when I receive the CC statement (Target Acc: CC), the total of the various transactions entered as described above in 1. Would you...
  6. A

Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 3 Looking again at the Query, I see that what is charged to the CC appears as Unreconciled Expense. Fine. However, sometimes a charge to a CC will only appear on the statement a couple of months later. It would suit me better to see the Transaction entered...
  7. A

My Credit Card Accounts are set up under 'Liabilities'. So, when I do a Query for 'Expenses' the amount due on the CC monthly statement does not appear. I would like to see the monthly statement due together with other upcoming expenses (this relates to previous post, Credit cards...
  8. A

I use my credit cards as one would a cheque: the full amount is paid each month. 1. How do I set up the Accounts so that Transactions from Credit card to X is neutral and payment of Credit card statement (Bank to CC) is a debit? Thanks.
  9. A

Credit Cards

Credit Card Report/Balance Somehow, the way I was clicking, the right indics never showed up. How very stupid of me. Thanks for being so patient with my blind-side!
  10. A

Credit Cards

Thanks, that's clear enough now. I sometimes get put off by the dot icons: as in this case it appeared White (Banks) and not Blue (Income), I wasn't sure. As to the second question: Is there another way of checking out the balance within a particular account? Such as Credit Card A: charges and...
  11. A

Credit Cards

Even though I use a credit card as a cash card (whatever has been charged to the credit card is automatically paid monthly from my Bank account) I have set it up under Liability. But every so often something happens and the money paid - or part of it - gets refunded. I entered it as 'Income'...
  12. A

interest paid

THANKS!
  13. A

interest paid

On a savings acc that pays monthly interest. I create: Name & Category - Interest (received) Type - Income Now, when it comes to the transaction, what should be the Origin acc? If I enter the same for Origin & Target, it doesn't work. Yet, it's the account itself that generates the...
  14. A

opening balance to show in reports

I have now installed the latest version, 4.4.1 US. I still don't see another way of opening an account other than the 'accounts' icon on the toolbar. :?:
  15. A

I am now downloading the newer version, 4.4.1 Maybe this is the fix I need? Most of my software gives warning when a new version comes up, maybe I have not set this up properly in the iCash Preferences. Thanks, I'll post a follow-up.
  16. A

4.2.2 US on a G5 iMac OSX 10.5.4
  17. A

I checked the link you suggest but this is not what I see: I create an account by clicking on the 'Accounts' icon on the toolbar which opens the Account Manager page . I have not seen the format shown in the link you sent. Is there another way to create an account? Sorry to be so dumb...
  18. A

transactions between investment & current account

Is there a difference between 'current' and 'checking' accounts?
  19. A

A document starts on Jan 1, 2008; in the main Bank account there is 50.000 balance from 2007. I tried entering it under 'opening' in the accounts manager, but balance shows negative when it should be positive. I know 'Startup' does not show in reports. How should I enter is so that it appears...