Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 2

alleyCat

My Credit Card Accounts are set up under 'Liabilities'.
So, when I do a Query for 'Expenses' the amount due on the CC monthly statement does not appear.
I would like to see the monthly statement due together with other upcoming expenses (this relates to previous post, Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 1).
Is there a way to do that?
Thanks.

alleyCat

Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 3

Looking again at the Query, I see that what is charged to the CC appears as Unreconciled Expense. Fine.
However, sometimes a charge to a CC will only appear on the statement a couple of months later.
It would suit me better to see the Transaction entered with the CC account as Target under Expenses. If that would be possible.
???
Thanks,
a

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You need to enter two transactions actually. One for the expense and one for the card repayment.

alleyCat

Credit cards: Liabilities/Expenses 1

I'm not sure I understand:
1. I enter a transaction when I charge the CC (Origin Acc: CC)
2. I enter another transaction when I receive the CC statement (Target Acc: CC), the total of the various transactions entered as described above in 1.
Would you clarify?
Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
1. I enter a transaction when I charge the CC (Origin Acc: CC)
Yes, a transaction from the CC to the expense account.

2. I enter another transaction when I receive the CC statement (Target Acc: CC), the total of the various transactions entered as described above in 1.
Yes, a transaction from your bank account to the CC account.

alleyCat

This is exactly what I have been doing all along, but the 'Expense' transaction Origin Bank to Target CC does NOT appear under 'Expenses' in a Query, whereas the transactions which appear are those with Origin CC to Target X (Charges to the Credit card).
Would it not be better if I sent you this in images? How would I do that? From your answer I get the feeling I have not written what I really want to say!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Is the target account an expense account? If so, when doing a query are you looking for target account?

You can add pictures by uploading them to your web server (if you have one). Or open a support ticket and attach the pictures to it.