Forums are about discussion, not contention. In order to enable useful discussion, we hope everyone will abide by these suggested rules of behavior:
1. DO NOT POST IN ALL CAPS. It’s the equivalent of shouting. Moreover, messages written in all caps are annoying, hard to read, and loud. This is a general rule of netiquette on the internet.
2. Do not make off-topic posts. If someone else has posted something off-topic, do not point that out in the forum, which only exacerbates the problem. Politely notify them through private messaging or email instead. If your message is directed to one person, send it to that person, and that person only.
3. Do not attack people personally, not even the moderator nor our company. On the net, this is called “flaming.” Posts should advance the discussion and, while it’s OK for the discussion to get heated, the heat should be directed towards the issues, not towards other members.
4. We will delete any spam or commercial posts. Please do not post to sell something or involve anyone in a money-making proposition. As with most places on the Internet, you may make your URL part of your "signature" by typing it under your name at the end of your posts, but please do not place commercial posts on the forum. They will be considered spam and be deleted. We reserve the right to ban the author of such messages from our forum definitely.
5. Quote messages if you want to reply to them specifically (see the forum handouts for how to use the quote feature). However, when quoting, edit the quoted material to make it clear what you’re replying to and to make your own post as brief and to the point as possible.
We actively support the principles of free speech however, we will not shy away from deleting that which is tasteless, rude, threatening or hurtful. We will not hesitate either in banning the users repeatedly not following the rules above.