Using GoDaddy

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we go in circle because I am not Godaddy support. We can try things endlessly when the best for you is to ask Godaddy for the right settings, that is:

Godaddy SMTP server address:
Godaddy SMTP server port (if any):
Authentication type:
SSL type (if any)
User ID:
Password:

Then input all that to MaxBulk Mailer.

jdkmusic

GoDaddy (correctly) said that they can't be responsible for tech support for all of the programs that use their software. You all really should know how to make your program work with GoDaddy, since it's one of the largest companies out there. GoDaddy works fine - it's MaxBulk that isn't working. Here's the link to the GoDaddy info on this subject;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libr ... 50%29.aspx

Do you all really just not know how to make your program work with GoDaddy?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There is no need for Godaddy to give MaxBulk Mailer support, just to provide this generic info:

Godaddy SMTP server address:
Authentication type:
SSL type (if any)
User ID:
Password:

By the way, the bigger a company is, the worst the tech support is. Godaddy and Gmail are probably the worst right now. So bad that almost 100% of the support I give thru the support system have them involved in some way.

jdkmusic

It took over an hour with Go Daddy, but we found settings that work! We tried 4 different server addresses. FYI, here's the settings that now work with GODADDY:

Godaddy SMTP server address: outlook.office365.com
Authentication type: ESMTP - Login (NOT Plain)
SSL type (if any): TLS v1 EXP

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, thanks for the info! We will update our page as soon as possible. That will help other users.

jdkmusic

Yup! ;-) The program is great. Just took a while to get it to work my new email server (GoDaddy), but that doesn't change how incredibly useful MaxBulk is. Again, thanks.