Trying to get MBM, MLM and Bounce to play nice.

crazylev

Hi Stan,

I've set up MLM with MBM and have downloaded the trial version of Bounce Handler.

I've spent some time in the MLM forums trying to figure out how to get bounces to appear in the statistics window in MBM, and I read that I needed Bounce Handler.

Bounce handler is picking up the test bounces (intentional bad addresses), but they are not showing up in the Statistics window in MLM.

Also, when I try to "Dredge" my bounce from Apple mail, it asks for the name of the folder to Dredge. I've tried entering my email address, the name of the "mail box" that houses my incoming mails, and can not get this to work either.

My goal is to get all this info in the statistics so I can export an excel, text, etc. So I can correct my mailing list database I have on my computer (Filemaker).

Can you enlighten this old dog to learn a new trick?

Thanks.

Jonathan

crazylev

Hi Stan,

OK. Losing to much sleep…really trying to get things to work.

I am just trying to get the bounces that I see in BH to show up in the MLM statistics within MBM.

I looked at the recipients>Upload to MLM and I am not sure what to do, if in fact that is what I need to do.

I've been spending so much time trying to get this to work, wife thinks I'm having affair!!!!

If this works the way I think it should work, this really is an amazing software combo!!!!

Just need a little guidance.

Thanks.

Jonathan

crazylev

After reading this, I finally figured out how to make Dredge work:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1831

Though not sure I'll go that route.

So now my workflow (for now, unless you have a solution) will be:

Quit Apple mail.

Load contacts into MBM through a spreadsheet, address book contact the usual way.

Send emails.

Wait a while. Launch EBH, in settings, make sure "remove from server" is selected. Press "Start"

Export bounces to a text file (in case of a crash, to have a copy) open that SS and sort alphabetically the email addresses.

Go back to MBM and sort the recipient list by e-mail address, a-z. Manually select each bounced email that is listed in the above saved text file.

Finally, export those selections to a text file. I now have a list that includes not only the persons email address, but also the first, last, and company that I can then sort, go to my masterDB (filemaker) make a few calls to find out if someone quit, changed e-address, whatever, and then make the appropriate change to my DB.

The reasoning for all the steps, is that I need a list that includes FN, LN, and company so I can cross check info with that company.

In a perfect world, I'd love to have the bounces appear in the MLM statistics window. I could just export the list I need from that.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan

crazylev

Stan,

OUTSTANDING!!!!! I just didn't fill in the info you mentioned in the Misc tab.

Now total delight! I see opens, clicks AND now my bounces. This will make life a lot easier.

My workflow will be quite different than the one I wrote above (and with far fewer steps!)

Thanks you.

Will be purchasing app shortly.

Jonathan