SLOW Loading MLM Remote Contact Lists

MaxBulk Mailer freezes up every time I try to load large remote contact lists from MLM. How do I avoid this? And don't say, "just use your local contact lists". It shouldn't take that long to download a bunch of email addresses, and even if it did take a long time, the program should still be responsive during that time. Is there a workaround for this besides breaking up my lists into smaller groups? The two main groups I am having trouble with have around 8,000 and 11,000 contacts.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean you go to 'Remote Lists' in the list pull-down menu, then select a remote list and it takes a long time to load?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I have tried here with one of my list which has 9.053 recipients. It takes about 9 seconds with no freezing, I mean, the interface is always responsive and the progress bar updating properly.

Have you tried to log into MLM with your browser and see the list. Anything unusual?

Yes, and I can see all my lists fine. The process went like this:

The other day I needed to send an email to approximately 30,000 contacts divided into about 20 lists, with the two largest lists being around 8,300 contacts and 11,200 contacts. I selected "Load Remote Lists", and they all loaded okay...(<-- did I just realize that I didn't make myself clear enough? the problem was not with the actual loading of the lists, it was with the selecting/downloading of the lists)...so I loaded the lists, and when I went to start selecting them for my recipients, it was taking forever for them to download and add to my one large list of recipients. I got to the list of 8,300 and after waiting about 5 minutes, I decided to start over and that's when I realized that MBM had frozen. I repeated this process about 4 or 5 times with the same results to no avail. I didn't even have a chance to attempt the 11,200-count list because I never got the 8,300-count list to load properly.

I eventually gave up and sent to all the contacts on my local list because selecting and adding them as recipients obviously was no issue, and it didn't actually matter seeing as how it was my first email blast from these lists...but as you can obviously see, it will matter from now on, because if people unsubscribe, that won't be reflected in my local lists because I use MLM for that and would need to retrieve that info from my updated remote lists. Any tips on this issue?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Getting the list of lists is even faster for me. It takes 2 seconds to display a list of 18 lists.

A stupid question, have you tried to restart MaxBulk Mailer or even reboot your whole system?

If you are on a PC, could it be your anti-virus software?

It's not when I load the list, it goes like this: I'm in multiple lists view. I click "Load Remote Contacts". The remote contacts load. Then WHEN I CLICK THE SELECT BOX, it takes forever for the contacts in that specific list to be loaded into the actual recipients list below. The actual list of lists loads pretty quickly. It's the subscribers IN the list that take so long to load and freeze up the application whenever I select them to add to the master list of recipients.

Yes, I have closed out MBM, and it's continued to do this. Yes I have restarted my computer. I'm running on a Macbook with no Antivirus.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It takes 9s to display a 9.053 recipients here. Display speed has nothing to do with MaxBulk Mailer, it is a server thing. You can display a list with your browser this way:

.../lm/lm.php?cmd=getlist&list=LIST_NAME_HERE&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD_HERE

Is it still slow that way?

I get an error whenever I do that. It says the list was not found on the server, and I have a list by the exact name that I put in. Also whenever I try to unsubscribe myself via the command line, I get the same error (that I'm not any lists, when I obviously am).

ingo

Hi, I've got the same problem. Uploading a new list the system goes in timeout.
Accessing via browser the page ...../lm/lm.php?cmd=admin&action=showlists takes 5 seconds to display 1 list containing 63 mails. The system crashed on 7 lists with a total of 900 mails (far below of what we would like to upload).
The system works fine on my Mac but has problems on my hosting provided by: aruba.it (Be aware that the website uses large tables and has no problem at all).

Activating debugging i noticed a lot of errors and Notices (undefined constant fld_id ->assuming 'fld_id'). IMHO not the best choice.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
YOu report is vague, what MLM version are you using? What MaxBulk Mailer version are you using? ON what operating system?