Problem with an amount listed under Pending

Detlef Schmitt

I found the problem! In the iCash preferences, under Formats, if I change the Decimals to 2 then 0.06 is shown under the Balance.

I set the Decimals to zero because in Yen there are no Decimals. The problem now is that if I set the Decimals to 2 all my Yen accounts show 2 Decimals.

Is there a way to display the Yen accounts with zero decimals and the Euro and Dollar accounts with 2 decimals?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That preference panel setting only applies to accounts with the default currency, the accounts that show 'Default' in the account column in the account manager. For all other accounts the setting uses is the one you set thru the 'Currency' panel. I guess you have something wrong :-/

Detlef Schmitt

Maybe that is true for the latest version of iCash. I use version 5.5-US.

The pictures below clearly show that if I change the Decimals in the iCash preferences it changes the way how the Euro account and the Euro Interest data is displayed. In both accounts the currency is set to Euro and not to default. Attached is also the iCash example file.

Detlef Schmitt

BTW, is there a way to upgrade to the later version (7.4.2)? I upgraded from version 1 step wise to version 5 as the new versions appeared but skipped the last 2 upgrades 6 and 7.

If I try to upgrade via the iCash check for updates I am asked to purchase the version 4 to version 5 upgrade !? That can't be right? And on your website I can't find an upgrade for 5 to 7.

Detlef Schmitt

I upgraded to version 7 and tested the Decimal issue again. I created a new cash file and set the Preference decimals to zero or 2. Euro decimals were set to 2. With version 7 I get the same result as with version 5. See attached iCash file.