Problem with an amount listed under Pending

Detlef Schmitt

Please somebody have a look at the attached JPEG file. I copied and pasted from the iCash Overview, Reports Account statement and Account descriptions to illustrate.

Under Pending 6 Euro are listed. I have no idea where these 6 Euro come from. This is baffeling especially because in this account only 2 transactions have been taking place. Furthermore these 6 Euro do not appear in the Reports Account statement.

I suspect that the problem is related to a transaction between Euro and Yen but I was so far unable to figure out what the problem is.

Any help is appreciated.

Detlef Schmitt

Thank you stanbusk. The Check Data tool did indeed recognize this as an error and fixed it. The 6 Euros under pending was removed.

But the problem is not solved completely. It may be an unrelated error.
I illustrated again with some screen shots.

In my Euro account, if I add 1 Euro interest (Interest Euro) and leave it un-reconsiled it shows up under Balance and Pending. That is how it is supposed to be. However, if I add only 10 cents (0.1 Euro) then the 10 cents do not show up under balance. How come?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you set the number format properly in iCash? Does it match your system settings?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Does it match your system preferences? Since it is your default currency are your accounts set to default as the currency?

Detlef Schmitt

What do you mean by system preferences? OSX system preferences?

Most of my iCash accounts are default currency (Yen). I live in Japan. But I have a couple accounts that are in Dollar and one that is in Euro.

Detlef Schmitt

By adding a transaction. In my last example picture I added Euro 1.06 or Euro 0.06 to the Euro account, which before the addition had a balance of zero.

Detlef Schmitt

I created a new iCash file. In that file the default currency is Yen. Then I created a Euro account and deposited 0.06 Euro Interest. In this case 0.06 is listed as it should under Balance.

Then I deleted the Euro account in my problem iCash file and created a new Euro account. In the new Euro account I have the same problem. If I add 0.06 Euro interest to the account the amount is not listed under Balance.

Therefore, the problem is definitely not an iCash bug. It must be a setting that I have not thought of yet. It's a headache.

Detlef Schmitt

I reduced my iCash file to the problem Euro account. And there is now only 1 transaction in the file. I think with that iCash file it should be possible for you figure out where the problem is.

How can I send this file to you?

BTW, an empty iCash file is about 2.6 MB. The reduced iCash file I described above still has the same size as the original file (5.4 MB). How come? Is the deleted data still there?

Detlef Schmitt

stanbusk, I saw under File/Get Info that in the iCash file which I have reduced to the critical 1 account, 1 category and 1 transaction all deleted transactions, accounts and categories are listed as being in the trash (see picture below).

That is probably the reason why the file size is still 5.4 MB. The file size of a new and empty iCash file is 2.6 MB. The deleted transactions, accounts and categories have been moved to the iCash file trash bin and have not been completely deleted.

Since I believe that an iCash developer can access the trash I don't want to send my iCash file. Is there a way to delete the trash bin?

Detlef Schmitt

I am now trying to recreate the problem. I created a new iCash file and created the same accounts, categories, transactions and currency. In this new iCash file the problem transaction is listed correctly under Balance.

By comparing the transactions in the 2 iCash files I can see 1 difference. Maybe that will help you, stanbusk, to solve the issue. Please see picture below.