• Next Maxprog online event is scheduled to go live soon!

    You can attend the event here: live.maxprog.com
    You can already ask questions on the very same page.

    You can also add the event to your calendar by clicking on Add to Calendar
    or click on the YouTube button to subscribe to our channel.
  • Customer ideas and suggestions are our fuel!

    To allow you to submit feature requests hassle-free we just created a Feature Request page.
    You can access it here: feedback.maxprog.com/

    That page gives you access to all the feature requests that have been submitted so far, and,
    + You can upvote feature requests
    + You can subscribe to feature requests
    + You can check a feature request status

MLM List won't upload

Kurta

New Member
I've installed MLM. Diagnostics say everything is good.

MLM 3.1.9 diagnose ran on 2019-06-16 at 18:22:32

request_uri = http://.../lm/lm.php?cmd=diagnose&pwd=...
path_to_script = http://.../lm/lm.php
working_directory = /home/.../lm

mailqueue permissions = 0755
sqlqueue permissions = 0755
uploads permissions = 0777
imports permissions = 0755
templates permissions = 0755

#1 mysqli_connect( ...)
-> Connection OK!

#2 mysql_select_db( ... )
-> Database selection OK!

#3 mysqli_query( $mysql_link, $query )
-> Query OK!

#4 mysqli_query( $mysql_link, $query )
-> Query OK!

#5 mysqli_query( $mysql_link, $query )
-> Query OK!

#6 1 list(s), 5 recipient(s), 4 deliveries
-> No error found.

Lists (List Name | Total Recipients | Modification Date):
testlist | 5 | 2019-06-16 17:59:13


I've put together a test email list on my local machine and have sent emails successfully.
However, when I try to upload the list to MLM from MacBulk Mail (Recipients -> Upload to MLM...) I get an error:


An error ocurred during the list upload process

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error¬
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 21:54:56 GMT¬
Server: Apache¬
Content-Length: 672¬
Connection: close¬
Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1¬
¬
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">¬
<html><head>¬
<title>500 Internal Server Error</title>¬
</head><body>¬
<h1>Internal Server Error</h1>¬
<p>The server encountered an internal error or¬
misconfiguration and was unable to complete¬
your request.</p>¬
<p>Please contact the server administrator at ...


When I upload a list of email addresses from a text file using lm.php, the list loads to the server, but when I use the "unsubscribe" link from a received email, there's no indication that the person is unsubscribed. The unsubscribe confirmation email goes out. The unsubscribe message to the admin arrives. But there's nothing on the server or in MBM that says the address is unsubscribed and when I send another test message, the unsubscribed email address still gets the new message.

=======
Actually, I hadn't noticed that when I selected "remote lists" MBM displays "downloading"... and never comes back. An hour later, it still just says, "Downloading..."

No error message.

No diagnostic.

Just "Downloading..."
 
Last edited:

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you contacted your hosting company about that? It would be interesting to see the server side logs. Note that in the large majority of cases, MLM issues come for tight PHP/Apache security settings. Indeed given settings will make important features to fail, error 500 is a typical server response in those cases.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!
 

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but nothing was fixed on their part I believe. MLM is a very simple and standard PHP script. 100% or error 500 come from server tight security configurations. Your issue shows that since the diagnostic works but not the upload.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!
 
Top