[MLM] Error inserting record from TrackClicktoDB()

jgoodnough

I assume when you ask if the data is there you're referring to the recipient list database. It does show up in MBM recipients tab under the remote database. It also appears to be o.k. if I use a browser and do a "getlist" script cmd. What I don't know about is the tracking data. This thread began with the issue being an error message which stated 'actona6_aalm.tbl_mlm_sub_clk_test' doesn't exist" so it seems fair to guess that mySQL can't find it or it doesn't exist. I don't know how to locate the data other than using MBM or the MLM script commands. If you can tell me a way I'll be happy to give it a try.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The table 'actona6_aalm.tbl_mlm_sub_clk_test' is for storing testing click-through data only. For example when you click on a link on the preview panel. Rather than adding text data to the real table we use the test table. The "1146: Table 'actona6_aalm.tbl_mlm_sub_clk_test' doesn't exist" error were only affecting the storage of test data, not the real data. The real data is stored in the 'actona6_aalm.tbl_mlm_sub_clk' table. You can access this table using your web browser and the following command:
Code:
lm.php?cmd=getclicks&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD&delivery=DELIVERY_NUMBER&return=xml

jgoodnough

o.k. it seems the data is not there. I'm getting a 404 error. I looked up the delivery number in the MBM statistics window and NONE of them can be found. They all produce 404 errors.

jgoodnough

Is there a reference somewhere that would list more of the php diagnostic commands that access the remote data files like the one you just gave me?

jgoodnough

Well, since the "getclicks" query you sent me is not among the supported commands I gather it's not. At this point I'm still stuck. What do you suggest I do to get MLM working and reporting again? Reinstall?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Since you are using mySQL the first thing to check is whether the data is in the table or not. If it is we have to find out why the data is not retrieved by MLM. If there is no data in the table we then have to find out what happened to it. This is the first step. Can you answer to those questions? You check the tables directly with phpmyadmin or Sequel Pro.

jgoodnough

I accessed the database using phpmyadmin. Since the information is sort of "cryptic" to me I took screen shots of the three tables. Can I send them to you? It appears as though there is data there.

jgoodnough

o.k. new information. When you first told me to update MLM v2.2.3 and upload the 'lm_functions.php you didn't mention anything about updating lm.php at the same time. I noted on other posts you did tell people to FTP both files new to the server. So I configured the clean version of lm.php 2.2.3 and FTP'd it to my server. When I logged in via my ISP to check the permissions I noticed there were TWO folders named "lm" one inside the other. Both contained complete sets of files. Obviously this has been part of the problem. I chose to delete the older of the two since the newer files were what you wanted me to have in place. After deleting the old "lm" folder and checking the permissions all seemed o.k. I used the "lm.php?cmd=getclicks&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD&delivery=DELIVERY_NUMBER&return=xml" script you sent me and it returned a <STATS></STATS> which I interpreted to be a good sign. At least it's communicating with the server correctly.
On the downside I have lost contact with my remote databases set up in the recipient tab of MBM. They no longer will appear and I'm getting an error message "Error-Server problem when reading list directory.<br>[:]"
I still have backups of these databases so i can recreate them if needed. However I seem to have broken something here since I can't open the remote lists drop down without getting the error message. Thoughts?

jgoodnough

o.k. stand down for now. I discovered a "space" in the password in the lm.settings.php file. I corrected it and I'm able to connect via the recipients tab again. My remote databases are back. Let me do some testing to see what's working at this point.