• Next Maxprog online event is scheduled to go live soon!

You can attend the event here: live.maxprog.com
    You can already ask questions on the very same page.

You can also add the event to your calendar by clicking on Add to Calendar
    or click on the YouTube button to subscribe to our channel.
  • Customer ideas and suggestions are our fuel!

To allow you to submit feature requests hassle-free we just created a Feature Request page.
    You can access it here: feedback.maxprog.com/

That page gives you access to all the feature requests that have been submitted so far, and,
    + You can upvote feature requests
    + You can subscribe to feature requests
    + You can check a feature request status

Maxnews reply in group

DGB

I registered Maxnews yesterday. Now I've 2 questions:

How can I reply (in the group) to a message? I can only find a "Post" and "Reply by email" option in the menu, no "Reply in group" or something like that.

How can I change the indentation of the messages? Because now all messages are pressed to the left border. They're also not nested, i.e. the original messages + replies to those messages are not clustered.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
How can I reply (in the group) to a message? I can only find a "Post" and "Reply by email" option in the menu, no "Reply in group" or something like that.
You have to select the message and click on the 'Followup' button.
How can I change the indentation of the messages? Because now all messages are pressed to the left border. They're also not nested, i.e. the original messages + replies to those messages are not clustered.
Do you mean the text of an article? Indentation is made with the standard '>' character.

DGB

stanbusk said:
You have to select the message and click on the 'Followup' button.
That's a bingo. Thanks.

Do you mean the text of an article? Indentation is made with the standard '>' character.
No, I mean the list of articles itself. In Maxnews all replies in the thread are on the same level so I can't see if a reply is a reply to the original message ór a reply to a reply. Nor are related replies clustered, so it's hard to follow a discussion within the thread. Was hoping there's a solution for that.

I used to be a hardcore Outlook Express (sorry I'll wash my mouth...) user which has a great newsreader in it which shows a great treeview like I tried to explain above, so I'm a bit prejudiced. Recently I switched to Apple so I'm a real newbie here.

DGB

Here's a screenshot. Take a look at the high tea thread. The posts that are related are clustered and you can tell replies from replies-to-replies (and replies-to replies from replies-to-replies-to-replies, etc...:))