Maxnews reply in group

DGB

I registered Maxnews yesterday. Now I've 2 questions:

How can I reply (in the group) to a message? I can only find a "Post" and "Reply by email" option in the menu, no "Reply in group" or something like that.

How can I change the indentation of the messages? Because now all messages are pressed to the left border. They're also not nested, i.e. the original messages + replies to those messages are not clustered.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
How can I reply (in the group) to a message? I can only find a "Post" and "Reply by email" option in the menu, no "Reply in group" or something like that.
You have to select the message and click on the 'Followup' button.
How can I change the indentation of the messages? Because now all messages are pressed to the left border. They're also not nested, i.e. the original messages + replies to those messages are not clustered.
Do you mean the text of an article? Indentation is made with the standard '>' character.

DGB

stanbusk said:
You have to select the message and click on the 'Followup' button.

That's a bingo. Thanks.

Do you mean the text of an article? Indentation is made with the standard '>' character.
No, I mean the list of articles itself. In Maxnews all replies in the thread are on the same level so I can't see if a reply is a reply to the original message ór a reply to a reply. Nor are related replies clustered, so it's hard to follow a discussion within the thread. Was hoping there's a solution for that.

I used to be a hardcore Outlook Express (sorry I'll wash my mouth...) user which has a great newsreader in it which shows a great treeview like I tried to explain above, so I'm a bit prejudiced. Recently I switched to Apple so I'm a real newbie here.

DGB

Here's a screenshot. Take a look at the high tea thread. The posts that are related are clustered and you can tell replies from replies-to-replies (and replies-to replies from replies-to-replies-to-replies, etc...:))

screenshot_ng.bmp