MaxBulk Mailer 8.5.1 release

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
New MaxBulk Mailer v8.5.1 has been released today. This is a free update for all v8 users with an update plan.

MaxBulk Mailer is a bulk mailer software and an e-mailmerge tool for Macintosh and Windows that allows anyone to send out customized offers, press releases, price lists or any kind of text or HTML message to a list of subscribers, friends or customers.

What's new in this release:

-The Mac OS version now uses the built-in spell-checker and the system services for text fields.
- Possibility to add smileys to both the message subject and contents (UTF-8 messages only).
- Random words can now be added to the message body and subject either directly or using the Random Words editor.
- Better handling of SMTP errors 450 and 403 to avoid delivery interruptions on authenticated sessions.
- Better handling of SMTP errors 534 sent by Gmail server.
- Better handling of server custom SMTP errors.
- A new 'Help > What's new' menu let's the user read the version history from newer to older.
- The Import/Export settings functions now display a progress window and work even if no document has been created/opened yet.
- MLM: The error reporting system has been modified to silent needless warnings including strict calls warnings.
- MLM: It is now possible to set the time zone in the lm.prefs file.
- MLM: Several warnings and notifications have been removed. Switch from mysql to mysqli library.
- The application no longer depends on any Carbon libraries on Mac OS X, Cocoa only.
- Old obsolete BinHex, AppleSingle and AppleDouble encodings have been removed.
- Fix: Issue when sending attachments causing the software to slow down (introduced in 8.5).
- Fix: Issue on MS Windows causing the message field to scroll up and down when editing large amounts of text.
- Fix: Issue on MS Windows causing the message field to scroll up and down when activating/deactivating the window.
- Fix: Crash on MS Windows when dropping an HTML file to the message field.
- Fix: Problem on MS Windows when sending inline attachment (introduced in 8.5).
- Fix: Problem on MS Windows with text alignment and styled text format (introduced in 8.5).
- Fix: Applescript now works on all new Mac OS X versions.
- Fix: MaxBulk Mailer no longer crashes when dropping contacts from Mac OS X Address Book.
- Fix: Tag with alternative text not processed in given occasions. Mostly due to the tag position.
- Fix: Possible slowdown when using large text due to undo system.
- Fix: Compatibility problem with Amazon SES server when sending attachments on given occasions.

Don't forget to read our small tutorial about sending beautiful e-mails with MaxBulk Mailer.

Prodrive

Hi Stan,

I ran into problems with 8.5.1. The automatic update didn't work. After finishing the process, I got the message "Program cannot be opened".

Then I downloaded 8.5.1 manually. Then only attachments were sent, the mail itself didn't arrive.
I am still running OS X 10.10.5

After downgrading to 8.5.0 everything runs smoothly again.

Regards

Lutz