MaxBulk Mailer 8.5.1 release

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
New MaxBulk Mailer v8.5.1 has been released today. This is a free update for all v8 users with an update plan.

MaxBulk Mailer is a bulk mailer software and an e-mailmerge tool for Macintosh and Windows that allows anyone to send out customized offers, press releases, price lists or any kind of text or HTML message to a list of subscribers, friends or customers.

What's new in this release:

-The Mac OS version now uses the built-in spell-checker and the system services for text fields.
- Possibility to add smileys to both the message subject and contents (UTF-8 messages only).
- Random words can now be added to the message body and subject either directly or using the Random Words editor.
- Better handling of SMTP errors 450 and 403 to avoid delivery interruptions on authenticated sessions.
- Better handling of SMTP errors 534 sent by Gmail server.
- Better handling of server custom SMTP errors.
- A new 'Help > What's new' menu let's the user read the version history from newer to older.
- The Import/Export settings functions now display a progress window and work even if no document has been created/opened yet.
- MLM: The error reporting system has been modified to silent needless warnings including strict calls warnings.
- MLM: It is now possible to set the time zone in the lm.prefs file.
- MLM: Several warnings and notifications have been removed. Switch from mysql to mysqli library.
- The application no longer depends on any Carbon libraries on Mac OS X, Cocoa only.
- Old obsolete BinHex, AppleSingle and AppleDouble encodings have been removed.
- Fix: Issue when sending attachments causing the software to slow down (introduced in 8.5).
- Fix: Issue on MS Windows causing the message field to scroll up and down when editing large amounts of text.
- Fix: Issue on MS Windows causing the message field to scroll up and down when activating/deactivating the window.
- Fix: Crash on MS Windows when dropping an HTML file to the message field.
- Fix: Problem on MS Windows when sending inline attachment (introduced in 8.5).
- Fix: Problem on MS Windows with text alignment and styled text format (introduced in 8.5).
- Fix: Applescript now works on all new Mac OS X versions.
- Fix: MaxBulk Mailer no longer crashes when dropping contacts from Mac OS X Address Book.
- Fix: Tag with alternative text not processed in given occasions. Mostly due to the tag position.
- Fix: Possible slowdown when using large text due to undo system.
- Fix: Compatibility problem with Amazon SES server when sending attachments on given occasions.

Don't forget to read our small tutorial about sending beautiful e-mails with MaxBulk Mailer.

maxb

Hello

I installed the 8.5.1 update and now the application will not open on my computer. I get an error that just says "The application "Max Bulk Mailer" cannot be opened". Any ideas? I'm running the El Capitan OS

Best,

Max

crazylev

I am getting this message also with the new 8.5.1, but I am on Yosemite 10.10.5 Will not launch. I am also on the update plan.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like there is a problem with the new Apple Disk Utility tool that comes with El Capitan. It looks quite buggy btw. I have recreated the Disk image with Yosemite Disk Utility and it has been uploaded again. Just in case I have also uploaded a zip copy of the MaxBulk Mailer 8.5.1 folder. Files are available here:

Disk Image: http://www.maxprog.com/products/MaxBulkMailer.dmg
Zip File: http://www.maxprog.com/products/MaxBulkMailer.zip

Please check the dmg first, it works fine here...

rishigangoly

The new dmg is working although it gives an error. Attached a screenshot along for your reference. I'm using Mac OS X 10.9.5

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody else has this problem? Perhaps it is a coincidence. This image has been created under 10.10.5 with previous Disk Utility version... By the way, why is it labeled '-1'?