lm_prefs > $unsub_silent > Unsubscribe without notification

SAW

I need a bit of clarification about how this command works.

Code:
$unsub_silent        = true;                               // Unsubscribe without notification email
When I set it to “true” I still get 2 emails:

Email 1)
Your unsubscribe request confirmation

Email 2)
X has unsubscribed from

I would think that Email 1 would not go out (when set to “true”.)
But it still does.

Pease advise how $unsub_silent works with true/false

To be honest, I do not see a difference when I toggle true/false.

We Run on MySQL. MLM 3.1.7

I ask for a few reasons:

A)
Because we are are now using SMTP.com as our relay service. Every email that passes that server counts towards our monthly quota. That is not that big of a deal for the number of Unsubscribes. Except, on inspection each unsubscribe is an extra 2 emails counting against the quota.

B)
I am wondering if SMTP if sending the same “confirmation email” over and over every month - and having it associate with our dedicated IP - is a bad thing, or no big deal. Each month the e-newsletetr changes, but the confirmation emails might build up to flag our server.

C)
Do these Unsubscribe Confirmation Emails have a negative affect on the user? Or do users like the positivity of confirmation?

What are your thoughts?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: lm_prefs > $unsub_silent > Unsubscribe without notificat

That deactivates mails sent to the subscriber. Are you sure you are not talking about administrator emails?

About your question I believe people like to receive a confirmation email. I personally do and profesional systems use to send such message.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

SAW

It is still not performing like I expect it would when I switch $unsub_silent to “true.”

To clarify my question...

If the code changes from: false to: true (as shown here)

Code:
$unsub_silent        = true;                               // Unsubscribe without notification email

Does the Unsubscriber still receive the Your unsubscribe request confirmation email?

In digging through the other code, we noticed that:

$unsub_silent is not in the unsubscribe code.
Yet, $unsub_silent is in the subscribe code

Is it possible that this is a bug?
Or am I just not understanding how it works?

Thanks Stan.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member

This settings is supposed to deactivate unsubscribe message otherwise sent to the subscriber, where do you see an error/bug? I mean what file and line? Looks like you know some PHP :)

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!