I've lost facility for e-mail tracking statistics

FLeckie

Hello

I hope you can help. For the last two mailings I sent out, no data appears for clicks-throughs, etc in the statistics window.

I haven't changed anything on my computer, where I send the e-mails from, but my website, where the script is stored, has been transferred onto another server, at the same hosting company.

I have made the permissions 777 on the /lm folder and the folders inside it, as well as the script file lm.php, but it hasn't solved the problem.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried to log into MLM with your browser? Can you create a list and add recipients to it?

FLeckie

I've tried adding new subscribers to the list, and the first part of the process works fine, but when you click the link in the e-mail to confirm that you want to be signed up, you get a browser window with an error message "Unhandled Error (Array)"

I'm afraid I don't know how to log in to MLM using the browser...

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Paste your MLM URL to a browser URL field and press the enter key. You should get a login screen.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This because you are using an old version. You have to use current v3. It comes with MaxBulk Mailer v8.

FLeckie

okay, thanks. Do I need to reinstall all the files in the lm folder, or just the script, lm.php?

FLeckie

I've reinstalled all the new files in the lm folder, set the permissions to 777, for both the individual files and the folders within the lm folder (but not the separate files within these subfolders).

I am still not able to subscribe new names to the list, or generate tracking statistics – I just did a test mailing to check. The "subscribe to list" works until you get to the part where you have to click the link in the e-mail to confirm opt in, where you get an "Unhandled Error" message.

I can now view a list of mail outs and summary of number of clicks-throughs, etc by logging in via the browser.

Grateful for any further suggestions!

FLeckie

stanbusk said:
Only the 'lm' folder has to be set to 777, nothing else!

The subscription process won't work at all unless the request folder is set to 777. I have changed the other files and folders to 755. Once again, things go wrong at the confirm opt in stage. I get an error message: Unhandled Error

I have tried with the files in the list folder set to 644 and 755, the results are always the same.

I would be really grateful if you can offer any other help. I'm still not generating statistics to view, either.

Many thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Forget about statistics and MaxBulk Mailer. The very first thing you should able to do it to log in MLM, create a list and add a recipient to that list. Can you do that without getting any error?

FLeckie

Hi again

No, I have checked and although I can see the lists when I log in through the browser, I can't make any changes to them. I get an error message – for example, when I tried to add a new name to the existing list, I got "Error - Server problem when reading list."

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
That means MLM is not installed properly. It can be a permission issue or when using mySQL a problem with the mySQL account data.

FLeckie

Can you give me any more clues? I don't use mySQL. I have installed all the new MLM elements as you said. Set the permissions to 777 for the lm folder, 755 for the files and folders inside it.

If I try to add a name to a list through the browser with the "requests" folder set to 755, it gives an error message that the permission should by 777. When I set it to 777, it says it can't handle it.

I had it running successfully for a long time before!

FLeckie

Update!

I have downloaded your new version today; deleted what I had in the lm folder on my site, and uploaded the new files.

Subscribing and unsubscribing from the list are working fine now.

I'm still not getting any statistics, though. I sent a test mailing to myself, using "styled text". The link in the e-mail didn't work as a link, as it used to, so I copied it into the browser, but still nothing showing in statistics either that I opened the e-mail, or followed the link.

I hope you can help me solve this one. The updated interface is looking great!

Many thanks