iPhone client planned?

matrikz

Hello,

the desktop version of iCash for OSX looks very promising. I'm evaluating several personal finance managers and iCash is my favorite at the moment. But there is one thing I really miss. What about a client for the iPhone or iPod touch?

It would be really cool if there would be such a mobile client where I could enter all the money flow directly when it happens. Would be nice to replace the pen and paper solution with something like iCash mobile. :-D

What do you think? Is there anything planned? If yes, I will purchase iCash immediately.

Greets,
Thomas

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
We have not planned anything yet but in the case we do, it will be a web application that will require an internet connection. It is not a problem with the iPhone but for the iPod Touch you would need a WiFi connection. The other solution is to create an application but that is another story.

TheOrbix

I would be interested too...

I'm an iPhone owner and it could be very useful to enter on the iPhone all expenses I make when I'm the road and then synchronize and import them in my main iCash running on the iMac I keep at home at home.

I'm wondering how an iPhone web application could be syncing and importing the expenses on my personal installation of iCash.

Where should this iCash-4-iPhone web app be hosted?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure of the details actually. If it is a web app it would be hosted by us.

pcservicelondon

stanbusk said:
I am not sure of the details actually. If it is a web app it would be hosted by us.

Hi are you planning to relise application for iPhone/iPod touch
where synchronization can be done via Mobile me or by connecting to the iTunes?

Nono

iPhone

Es lo que le falta a éste programa para ser completo: Un "iCash mobil", para sincronizar con el iPhone o el iPod Touch. También sería muy interesante y de una gran utilidad la posibilidad de conectar "on line" con los Bancos.

buck

I'm also testing currently iCash and I really like it but I'm also missing an iPhone application to enter the transactions on the go. That would be really very cool.

livetodesign

I also will be very interested in an iPhone App. I already bought iCash, but I had some difficulties remembering all money flow. iPhone App will be great! If you need some help with interface design just ask me.

noalbi

Icash es mi programa de contabilidad doméstica preferido. Y sería el único que utilizaría de tener una aplicación para mi Iphone 3G en donde podría llevar mis datos previamente sincronizados (vía WIFI).

Yo me apunto a que estudieis esa posibilidad de lanzar una aplicación para iphone a fin de no tener otros programas que no alcanzan la categoría de Icash.

Un saludo.

kennymac

stanbusk said:
There are plans to do something but I don't have much details so far.

I am currently trawling to try and find a new personal accounts program since moving to a Mac and I only want to do this once, iCash is high up on the shortlist but I would prefer something with an iPhone client. Some other programs already have this or are promising it soon. The above post was November last year - is there anything in the offing that you can give me a clue about or have I missed something in my search?

rgds

-ken

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes but you have to understand that creating a new version for a new device is not easy at all. It is not really a problem about coding but about designing.

randolph34

stanbusk said:
Yes but you have to understand that creating a new version for a new device is not easy at all. It is not really a problem about coding but about designing.

Hi Stan,

you did an amazing job so far with iCash. I'm using it since 2005.

I am also pledging for an iPhone app, since most of my transactions happen during the day and I often forget them until the evening. Am I getting old?

Currently I use an app called iExpenseIt to record my transactions on the iPhone and re-enter them to iCash at home. Maybe iExpenseIt is a good "inspiration" for you, Stan, how to design an iCash app? ;-)

Keep up the good work
Randolph

Uncle John

Randolph

Currently I use an app called iExpenseIt to record my transactions on the iPhone and re-enter them to iCash at home.

Do you physically re enter the data! I see no way to dump from the app a data file to then directly import into iCash

I agree a iPhone app that will sync with my program and import the data thats new is desired! No web ...no cloud ... no third party... jsut sync the data into the program on my computer.

dfernan

Ibearmoney is best than ixpenseit

Please i need the icash app native for iPhone. At the moment i use the ibearmoney app, after i export the transactions and money in csv format. Icash can import this file but... This system is bad.

ccasteras

noalbi said:
Icash es mi programa de contabilidad doméstica preferido. Y sería el único que utilizaría de tener una aplicación para mi Iphone 3G en donde podría llevar mis datos previamente sincronizados (vía WIFI).

Yo me apunto a que estudieis esa posibilidad de lanzar una aplicación para iphone a fin de no tener otros programas que no alcanzan la categoría de Icash.

Un saludo.

Estoy de acuerdo contigo. Personalmente con que esta aplicación para iphone pudiese anotar las transacciones de moneda real y las transacciones de tarjetas de crédito para después sincronizar vía WIFI seria fantástico. Un ejemplo seria iCompta, pero sin poner las estadísticas y los gráficos.

Hace un año que este tema permanece abierto (justo cuando compré iCash), por lo que vuelvo a preguntar como esta este tema? hay alguna intención comercializar una aplicación para el iphone en los próximos meses? no debemos esperar nada en un año o dos? Es mejor que busquemos otra aplicación en la App Store que haga algo parecido y hacer el proceso a mano ya que finalmente no se va a desarrollar?