iCash 7.5.4 release

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
New iCash v7.5.4 has been released today. This is a free update for all v7 users with an update plan.

iCash is an easy-to-use, full featured and multi-purpose Personal Finance software for Macintosh and Windows intended to help you control your personal finances, keeping track of incomes, expenses, credits, debts and Banks transactions for you. No needs to know about accounting or even care about it! iCash lets you know where your money comes from and to where it goes with just a few clicks.

What's new in this release:

- Groups/Splits now indicate if they contain attachments with a Clip icon.
- The ‘Last Transactions’ window you get in the transaction panel now is bigger and includes the date.
- A new 'Help > What's new' menu let's the user read the version history from newer to older.
- After transactions are duplicated or transferred, duplicated/transferred transactions are now selected.
- Old fashioned buttons have been updated to match current system interface design.
- The transaction amount field now has a contextual menu from where numbers can be pasted from the clipboard.
- The password verification window now shakes when the password is wrong (Mac only).
- You can now use up and down arrows directly inside the tracking number field.
- The application no longer depends on any Carbon libraries on Mac OS X, Cocoa only.
- When the scheduler adds a transaction the tax type is now set to the destination account tax type if tax is 0.
- The transaction panel now uses combo boxes controls instead of the combination of text field and pull-down menus.
- The transaction edition window now uses combo boxes controls instead of the combination of text field and pull-down menus.
- The number of comments is no longer limited in the transaction panel.
- The number of comments in the transaction favorites editor is no longer limited to 15 but 50.
- Fix: Issue when using the ‘Import from an Account Statement’ window on MS Windows.
- Fix: Aesthetics glitches on the ‘Import from an Account Statement’ window on MS Windows.
- Fix: Payment Summary report issue when selecting all payees and a given project.
- Fix: Several menus related to attachments are no longer active for groups and multiple selections.

Don't forget to read our small tutorial about creating iCash account sets, how to use Budgets and how to import transactions from a Bank statement.

hibiscusjlb

Hello Stan,
I have a major problem with version 7.5.4.
When I enter a transaction amount of 735,56, iCash convert it to 735,00 which unacceptable.
Do you have a cue to correct this?

I tried the repair tool without success.

Also, if I open the Devises icon, the window is much to high on the screen and cannot be closed, See attach file.

Thanks
Jean-Luc Brousseau

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked your iCash preferences? We changed nothing related to numbers nor number formatting.

hibiscusjlb

I checked everywhere and found nothing about decimal values.
I can enter the decimal if I first enter the number like 587,00 and then put the cursor after the 00, backing and adding the decimal like 56 to get the number 587,56.
If I try to enter 587,56, iCash change the 56 for 00.

I hope there is a way to get this right.

Thanks.
Jean-Luc Brousseau

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In the iCash preferences the default currency is set in the third panel, 'Formats'. Other currencies can be set by using the Currency editor, clicking on the 'Currencies' button. You can a different format for each currency.

When entering a number look at your system preferences and use the right decimal separator on your keyboard.

hibiscusjlb

Dear Stan,
I am using iCash since 2010 and have looked already at Currency and Formats that has not been modified when I installed version 7.5.4 over 7.5.3. I have been running my iMac with OS X 10.11.1 for over one month now without any problem with version 7.5.3. When I installed version 7.5.4, I can no more enter the cents after the decimal marker, either with a dot or a comma. In Canada, we use the comma as decimal marker. All my other applications have no problem with this. Only iCash version 7.5.4. And I use the extended Apple keyboard with the numeric pad included.

Thanks for your help.
Jean-Luc Brousseau

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Today I made a little fix related to auto-complete and I have re-uploaded iCash. It is available here. Have a look and check if this fixes your problem. I actually detected a small glitch with payee...

hibiscusjlb

Stan,
I downloaded the updated version but my problem is still unchanged. As soon as I try to accept with the button CHANGER the entry 73,00 into 73,08, iCash changes it back to 73,00.
If I make a new entry with the button AJOUTER, the entry is correct this morning.
I also tried to add a new entry of 32,50 with Ajouter and it worked.
I tried to change 32,50 into 32,55 and iCash reverted it to 32,00.
So the AJOUTER button works OK but not the button CHANGER.
Sorry that your modification is not successful.

Jean-Luc Brousseau

hibiscusjlb

Stan,
Another problem related. If I enter an invoice for one client and I want to split the total amount for Federal and Provincial taxes, I cannot enter the decimals and the transaction is not split into three account anymore.
Please let me know if you have found a solution ASAP.
Best regards.
Jean-Luc Brousseau

hibiscusjlb

Stan,
Also, I find it much more difficult to select the items when I am working in the Operation Pane at the bottom of the Operations window. It was much more easy to do it as it were in version 7.5.3.
I cannot split a transaction anymore.

Best regards.
Jean-Luc Brousseau

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Another problem related. If I enter an invoice for one client and I want to split the total amount for Federal and Provincial taxes, I cannot enter the decimals and the transaction is not split into three account anymore.
Indeed, you are right, we have fixed this problem this morning.
If I make a new entry with the button AJOUTER, the entry is correct this morning.
I also tried to add a new entry of 32,50 with Ajouter and it worked.
I tried to change 32,50 into 32,55 and iCash reverted it to 32,00.
So the AJOUTER button works OK but not the button CHANGER.
Sorry that your modification is not successful.
Can you check your system preferences and see what decimal separator has been set? Is it the same as in iCash? Please if you find a difference tell me so I can try to reproduce the problem here.

hibiscusjlb

Stan
The post I sent yesterday did not appear on the blog.
I have check the decimal on my iMac and am sending a screen capture of it.
So I succeeded to slit a transaction without problem with the updated version.
But I stil cannot enter an amount like 32,55 in the Operation pane of the Operations window.
As soon as I press Enter or Return on my iMac keyboard, the figure reverts to 32,00.
I can then select the 00 and change them for 55 and press the CHANGE button to accept the right amount.
I have included a screen capture with an amount of 32,50 in the proper cell, but if I press CHANGE or ADD the amount reverts to 32,00

Have you found a solution? And am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks
Best regards.
Jean-Luc Brousseau

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
There are 2 users with this problem including you. So far I don't know the reason, perhaps a problem with the system settings? I would really like to get more information in order to reproduce the problem here.

hibiscusjlb

I answered but as my compressed file is about 650 kb my email did not go through.
Can you send me an email address so that I can send my file.

Or we could do Screen Sharing with OS X (10.11.1) You can reach me at [email protected].
My time zone is Paris time +6.

Unless you can find my blog post with the attachment.

Thanks
Jean-Luc Brousseau
Best regards.