How to collect/extract information from reply emails

Leon Chen

I am quite happy with the MaxBulk Mailer to send match emails. However I am wondering whether there is also a feature for me to extract information from replying emails. This would allow me to automatically update my mail list like the event registration etc. I know eMail Extractor can get the email but not sure it could extract other information like names and company name etc.

Thanks.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The best would be to get a programmer write something for you in PHP. Some kind of HTML form with some line in PHP to process the input, save it to a file or send it by email. In my opinion, that would be the best.

Leon Chen

Actually this could be raised as a feature request. I guess Email Extractor is based on "@" to extract the email address. Similar tags can also be devised for the returned email (for example: #T1[Tag name]: [Tab value]). This would allow broadcasted emails to have several pre-set tags to be filled by returned emails. Then Email Extractor could have extended features to extract all tag values as the returned email data collection.

In such a way Email Extractor could be a really useful data collection tools for retuned emails.

People use MaxBulk Mailer mainly for email broadcast and at the same time would prefer to have a companioning tools to collect data from returned emails. Making Email Extractor have such feature would really make them a complete tool set.

skullmonkey

For that purpose I use Thunderbird and I got plugins:

AddressContext: it extract mails from From: or To: field;
ImportExportTools and SmartSave: extract all the text from the mails (inc dresses and everything).

Then you can use MaxProg eMail Extractor to extract all the mails there.

...next, sky is the limit :D

skullmonkey