• Next Maxprog online event is scheduled to go live soon!

You can attend the event here: live.maxprog.com
    You can already ask questions on the very same page.

You can also add the event to your calendar by clicking on Add to Calendar
    or click on the YouTube button to subscribe to our channel.
  • Customer ideas and suggestions are our fuel!

To allow you to submit feature requests hassle-free we just created a Feature Request page.
    You can access it here: feedback.maxprog.com/

That page gives you access to all the feature requests that have been submitted so far, and,
    + You can upvote feature requests
    + You can subscribe to feature requests
    + You can check a feature request status

Help editing the subscribe pages please?

steveb-ci

Hi, I've scoured the forums for help on this, and the site too, but can't find anything. It's most likely there, I just can't locate it!

I use MLM and have many lists. I want to add a link to various sites that take the user to a customised version of /subscribe_single_fixed.php that will subscribe them to a specific list.

The manual says...

subscribe_single_fixed.php is a sample subscription page where you can manually subscribe to one unique implicit list - HTML modifications required!

It's the HTML modification bit I need the help with!

Lets say the list I want to add subscribers to is "bikespanner".

I've duplicated subscribe_single_fixed.php and called it subscribe_single_fixed_bs.php

If I type that into the browser bar I get the subscribe page, so I fill it out but upon clicking subscribe the page simply refreshes. So obviously I need to edit the file subscribe_single_fixed_bs.php!

So I open it and look for a reference of "list1". I find it, so replace it with "bikespanner". I thought that would work, but no :-(

I've searched the forum and found mention of editing line 32, but at this point, I'm a bit lost.

All help appreciated!

:)

steveb-ci

That method requires the user to select their chosen list from a drop down and more importantly displays ALL my lists, many of which are private.

I need to have the list somehow pre-selected in the URL or the subscribe file.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
This form shows one single list reason why it is called 'single'. If you decide to choose a form that is not automatice then have to set the list name by hand editing the code. In 'subscribe_single_fixed.php' just look for <?php echo $list; ?> and replace it by your list name.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

steveb-ci

Unfortunately, due to either me doing something wrong or you not understanding what I wish to do, that didn't seem to work.

My process...

First I duplicated subscribe_single_fixed.php to subscribe_single_fixed_bs.php

I did this because having many lists, I wish to replicate this signup method across many sites with each adding the signup email to its specific list.

I then edited this file and found <?php echo $list; ?>...

<input type="hidden" name="list" value="<?php echo $list; ?>" /></div>

And changed it as instructed to...

<input type="hidden" name="list" value="<bikespanner>" /></div>

bikespanner being the list name.

I then put /subscribe_single_fixed_bs.php in the url bar and the signup page appeared, after I inputted some test details and hit submit the page refreshed page to the same page with no credentials but nothing had been added to the list bikespanner.

EDIT: I have just tested the original subscribe_single_fixed.php file, with no editing, and when I try to add an email I get the same thing happen, the page refreshes with nothing added to any list. So I'm thinking the problem is deeper than just my editing the file incorrectly?

EDIT EDIT: I've now tested all subscribe forms/pages, none work.

Please advise.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The correct line is:
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="list" value="bikespanner" /></div>
Then also try to replace this:

Code:
$lm_path = "http".(empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])?'':'s').'://'. $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] . str_replace( "html/$script_name", '', $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] );
with

$lm_path = "THE_FULL_LM.PHP_URL_HERE";

replacing THE_FULL_LM.PHP_URL_HERE with the full URL of lm.php on your server.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

steveb-ci

Hi Stan, I did that, but the page that is opened has an error message on it.

I have a valid licence for the product and yearly support, so I'll take this to a support email now as using the forums is a fairly slow process and I need to show you screenshots.

steveb-ci

Apologies Stan. I went thru the process again and new original files and it's now working 100%.

Please ignore the ticket I just opened, and thanks for the help.

ajbicat

Hi Guys,
It took me three hours to find this solution.
Please could you do a quick tutorial on how to edit the subscribe_ pages for those who don't know they have to add the lm.php location and list name manually?
Many thanks.
A.