• Next Maxprog online event is scheduled to go live soon!

You can attend the event here: live.maxprog.com
    You can already ask questions on the very same page.

You can also add the event to your calendar by clicking on Add to Calendar
    or click on the YouTube button to subscribe to our channel.

Giving values to [Opt] tags (not changing their names!)

I am sure this is a silly question, but there you are. :)

The way I understand the [Opt] tags, I should be able to define somewhere one of these tags to some value and every time I use the tag, the actual value goes into the text. So, if I am able to say something like [Opt1] = Bloom2018, every time i insert in my text [Opt1], then I will be seeing Bloom2018.

Assuming I am correct, I don't see how to do it. If I use either 'Rename tags' or 'Preferences'->'Tags", what I can do is to rename 'Opt1' to, say, 'Bloom2018' but then when I select the tag '[Bloom 2018]', insert it into the text and then go to Preview, obviously that part of the text shows nothing because the (renamed) tag [Bloom 2018] has an empty value.

So, how can I specify that every occurrence of [Opt1] should be substituted by the string 'Bloom 2018'?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you renamed tags for the current document? 'Edit > Rename tags' menu? or did you rename from the preferences, in such case that will apply to new documents, not the one you have opened.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!

Well, as I said I tried both ways. But I wonder whether I have understood correctly the use of these tags, as per the way I perceive them in my posting.