Complications with Hyperlinks, Formatting, and Stats on the same version of Maxbulk

We have two licensed versions of 8.6.6 Maxbulk Mailer in the office running on two different Apple operating systems 1) OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 and 2) Sierra 10.12.6.

On Yosemite, everything seems to be working as designed. On Sierra, I am experiencing issues across the board from hyperlinks not working, HTML formatting getting scrambled, stats not tracking, etc. I have verified that the settings are exactly the same so I cannot to determine why they are treating the same emails differently.

Is there a known issue with running Maxbulk on Yosemite vs Sierra? Any thoughts why the same version of Maxbulk might be running differently on two different computers. We even attempted downloading 8.6.9 in the hopes that might overwrite the gremlins and resolve the issue, but they remain.

Please advise next steps for discovering a solution.
 

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Let's talk about 8.6.9 which is the version we are distributing. I have never heard about the problems your detail. Just a question, is the column containing your hyperlink set as 'Web Address'? About HTML getting 'scrambled', what do you mean? Can you explain better? An example?

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!
 
Ok, I have attached two screenshots to help further diagnose this issue. Computer One, we have stats tracking clicked 'on', screenshot #1 is an example of how the HTML links and formatting get scrambled. When we turn off stat tracking, the links come through clean, but we are obviously unable to track opens and clicks. Furthermore, this issue is only happening on one of the three computers we have Maxbulk Mailer installed, so I can't determine what the difference is their setups and why one Computer One is acting this way.
 

Attachments

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
In the MaxBulk Mailer preferences, second panel, check the MLM URL, is it a valid MLM URL? There is a tool menu next to the URL, try to open that URL, does it show the MLM login page? Can you launch the MLM diagnostic?

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!
 
I just wanted to follow up on this. We have a number of big marketing efforts in the near future and it would be helpful to get this one computer back online delivery HTML without compromising the structure of the emails. Any thoughts from the screenshots I shared?
 
Yes, the message is formatted correctly in utf-8. I am running the exact same version of MaxBulk Mailer, with the exact same settings and I do not have the same issues with the links being reformatted and the overall structure being lost during the send. It's quite confusing why one version has gone rogue and we've tried everything we can think of from upgrading to the latest version, to re-installing the application altogether. The only thing that works is to remove tracking stats, which of course does not allow us the ability to track results.
 
One difference I did identify this morning is the rogue version is running on Sierra 10.12.6 and the other two that run just fine are on Yosemite 10.10.5. I'm wondering if the newer operating system is the culprit. Does MaxBulk Mailer support newer operating systems?
 

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MaxBulk Mailer and all our tools are developed under current macOS Mojave 10.14.3 and we support down to 10.10.5 I don't think the system has anything to do here. Have you tried to reset the MaxBulk Mailer preferences? It can be done from the 'About MaxBulk Mailer' menu, using the tool button. You can reset the application to factory default. Take note of your settings first with some screenshots so you can enter them back.

--
Follow maxprog.com on Facebook | Google+ | Linkedin | Twitter | YouTube
and keep up-to-date with the latest Max Programming updates!
 
I'm not exactly sure but we are using the exact same HTML code with each MaxBulk install, it's just the one that is having the formatting issues.
 
Well, I'm stumped. If you have no other thoughts on how to resolve this issue the only option I'm left with is migrating to a completely new email marketing program. I'd prefer not to since we have been using MaxBulk for over five years.
 
Top