Can't seam to get MBM & MLM working together

crystalOne

Hello All,

I have been trying to install the Max Bulk Mailer & MLM for the last week and I have been unsuccessful.

I was unable to install automatically so I had to do a manual installed.
I followed the instructions and changed the CHMOD to 777 and then 755 and then 705...none of these have been successful.
I am using MySQL on my server.
I have created a test mailing and got it working from a test server, but when I moved it to my production server I have had no end of problems.

I am more than willing to completely start over, in order to have it done right.
I am behind on my mailing schedule.....
So if someone can walk me thru this I would be most appreciative.

G

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you contacted your server support about that? Usually installing MLM is simple, the hardest part is the CHMOD. If nothing works as expected I would first contact the server.

crystalOne

Attention: Stanbusk/Site Admin

I updated the MLM to v3 and set the CHMOD to 705....and now MBM is communicating with MLM and all is working.

Notes to ADMIN:

1. Maybe if you were to inform all users that there's an update to MLM and where to get it, with the install instructions, it would have saved the users many unproductive time. For me it would have save me the numerous hours trying to figure why the program wasn't functioning properly.

2. You also indicated that there was a new way to browse your MLM file with your browser, as part of the "What's New". However you never provided the instructions on how to work to access it, and I had to learn about to bring it up through trial & error.

Gavin

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
About #1, go to the MLM page. It is available here. You can access this page from the maxprog product page, actually. You can also access the MLM FAQ from the main support page, clicking on 'MLM' on the right of MaxBulk Mailer. MaxBulk Mailer also comes with last MLM version by the way and the built-in installer has a 'Help' button that goes to a tutorial.

About #2, yes, jut use the same URL you use in MaxBulk Mailer with your browser, the URL of 'lm.php'. 'lm.php' is the very only file you will ever use or call in the lm folder. I will see where I can add that information.