Cannot Send Attachment with 8.5

Recently upgraded to MBM version 8.5 and can no longer send attachments. Here's the error message I'm receiving. Any thoughts?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
First time I see that error. Have you tried to change the attachment name? Also, is it really a jpg file? It sounds like the server anti-virus software doesn't like it.

I have tried changing the file name, file type, and file size. Same error. It just doesn't like any attachments and nothing has changed except the upgrade to a new version. Thoughts on next steps? It's having an impact on my ability to service my customers.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Have you contacted your mail server support about that? They could shed some light on that error. I have never seen it before and you are the first user on reporting it. Current MaxBulk Mailer was released on April 14, 2015. Try to delete your version, download and install it again.

Right on. That fixed the problem. Thanks so much!

Next step, I'm still finding difficulties installing the MLM and tracking statistics. I followed your blog and I thought I have all the components in place but still no sync. Anything I could show you to help me figure out what I'm missing?

Ok, I attempted to re-install MLM. I took a screen shot of my preferences. When I click on the 'GO' it takes me to the second screen shot. When I click on Statistics, it just defaults back to Main Menu screen. Obviously, I'm talking with the folders but no data is being transferred. Is there something I need to consider regarding our email server. Our website is hosted by Media Temple on a dedicated server.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Try to run the MLM diagnostic. It is lm.php?cmd=diagnose&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD
Please paste the result replacing your credentials in the line '#1 mysqli_connect(' with ••• :)

Here are the results of running the diagnostic:

MLM 3.1.1 diagnose ran on 2015-09-08 at 12:29:56

request_uri = http://www.songwritingcompetition.com/m ... d=ngi2Shap
path_to_script = http://www.songwritingcompetition.com/m ... /lm/lm.php
working_directory = /var/www/vhosts/songwritingcompetition.com/httpdocs/mlmdatabase/lm

mailqueue permissions = 0755
sqlqueue permissions = 0755
uploads permissions = 0755
imports permissions = 0755
templates permissions = 0777

#1 mysql_connect( :) )
-> Connection error :) )
-> Check your server address and credentials in lm_settings.php

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like your mySQL settings are wrong. Have you contacted your server support to confirm them?

No, I have not. Our sites are hosted by Media Temple. To be clear, I need to confirm mySQL settings. What's the next step after that?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Once you have the correct settings, mySQL server address, database name, your account ID and password, edit the lm_settings.php on you server with tis information. The mySQL settings are at the bottom.

Ok, so apparently I did not have permission to create the actual database. I had them change my rights, I re-installed the mlmdatabase and confirmed that the dB is actually on the server. I just sent a test email to see if tracking is connected, but no results yet.

Yes. I had my developer help me through the final issue and now I'm seeing stats. Thanks so much for assistance.

One question, when looking at the stats and there's a drop down for a unique recipient like you see for Jefferson Blues Magazine, what does that represent? Multiple opens? Multiple attempts for delivery?

Thanks.

Additional question, we have multiple users in this office using MaxBulk, does each user need to setup their unique database to track their own email specifics?