Bulk Mail program doesn't work with gmail

nickjahn

I have been using MaxBulk Mailer-x successfully for years. I typically send out about 250 messages to prospective clients about six times a year. I am using 3.3.3. I use a Mac computer with OS 10.3.9. I just started using gmail because Qwest stopped being a mail providor and successfully configured my email program, Eudora, to retrieve and send my email through gmail. I used the same settings for MaxBulk Mailer-x as I used for Eudora but have been unable to get the program to send any email. These are my settings:
Account ID: my email address
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
Authentication:pOP pop.gmail.com
Account ID (again): my email address
Password: my gmail account password
MaxBulk Mailer tries to send for a few minutes, then stops and I get an error 103
Are my settings correct? Does it have something to do with gmail? Thanks.

nickjahn

BulkMailer Still Doesn't Work

Thanks for the two replys. I have since learned that gmail does not allow any bulk mailing. So I am attempting to use the hosting service of my web site, Readyhosting. I also upgraded to the latest version of Bulkmailer, 5.7. It still is not working, login fails and connection is dropped. I just talked to tech support of Readyhosting and got all the supposedly correct settings which are: SMTP Host: smtp.readyhosting.com:587, Authentication: POP: pop.readyhosting.com:110, and my account ID and password for Readyhosting. So it is still a mystery as to why this isn't working. Can it have something to do with my gmail account or my use of Eudora for my regular email? Eudora works fine. Thanks

nickjahn

It Worked!

I tried one more thing, abandoning the POP option and using ESMTP and the mail was finally sent! Whew!

leonpadi

Greetings Guyz!
Can you confirm that gmail still works ? I tried with port 465 several times since yesterday night.

error2au7.gif

Ok, here's the story.
All things were working just great (i've sent hundreds mails) until last night.
I sent some (more than 30) mails without any error.
And then, suddenly, server started to send me a message...
Failed: undelivered [Connection dropped by server]

What could possibly go wrong-changed?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps it is a temporary error or your sent more than 1000 e-mails the same day, is that possible?

leonpadi

Yeap, exactly!
Today it sends normally.
But, what if we knew already what's our gmail's daily limit?
I wasn't certainly sent more than 400 mails in that day, when this "error" came...