Wrong bounce count

futant

Using BH 3.7.3, WINXP. BH count shows on brand new list which has only been mailed in MBM once three addresses with 11, 4 and 3 bounces respectively. Also it says all those are soft bounces, not hard, even though I've set the limit at "2" for changing a soft to a hard bounce.

What gives? :?:

-=d=-

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand your problem, why do you care about soft bounces? Soft bounces are temporary failures that in most case will be fixed, I mean, the email will very likely get delivered. Only a hard bounce is a definitive delivery error. You can consider soft bounces as hard if you always get a bounce for a given address.

futant

It wasn't the soft or hard bounce count so much that puzzled me. It was that I've been getting high bounce counts on names that are appearing on a list for the very first time. I just started using MBM, so how could any email address get 11 bounces regardless of hard or soft?

futant

Oops forgot to reply to one other item:

In settings, I have the box checked to allow only two soft bounces before it changes the soft bounce to a hard bounce. Those with 3, 4, and 11 bounces were still listed as soft bounces with no large stop sign or other indicator icon next to them.

futant

Yes, I was sure then. It's a couple weeks back, so I can't now go back and demonstrate it to be true. Those bounced names have been deleted from the original file and the bounce file deleted too.