Working with many projects

didier

Hi,

After several years of software testing in order to find THE suitable accounting software for our financial projects management, here it is: iCash ! Super simple and yet awesome.

Only one glitch: we are managing about 40-50 projects but the Project pull down menus on the Transaction and Queries pages show only 20 items. So we are left with a guess about the exact spelling of the project, and for any mistake a new project is created :cry: and then Queries are becoming useless because not 100% accurate (never sure to include all needed records)

Would be sooooo nice to have a scroll type pull down menu like the one for the accounts list. An autocomplete there would also be GREAT.

How many projects are we allowed to create ? any limit ?

In any case thanks for such a cleverly designed software that so practical for our business :D

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know there is no limit. Can you tell me the exact places/controls you have problems with? and which ones you would like to get the auto-complete implemented?

didier

Thanks for your super prompt reply :D
The drop down menu of the field "PROJECT" is the one with a limitation of only 20 visible items as far as I can see... (on both Transaction & Queries areas)

Also the sorting of this menu is not alphabetical, it seems there is some logic but I cannot grasp it...

Thanks again :)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, next version will remove that 20 projects limit and will order them alphabetically rather than by last-time-used order.

didier

Great !!! Thanks.

Would also be nice to have the saved Queries drop down menu sorted by alphabetical order, if possible :)

Torsten

Speaking about Projects

1. Thanks for the great app!

2. Managing Projects is not really possible. How can I delete or de-activate projects? Rename?
There's also no Projects-column in the Transactions Window that would be most helpful. No projects in the Charts. And Reports only allow me to select one Project - why not all of them and show P&L for each?

Apologies if some of the above work - I haven't found a way, yet.

This would make my life perfect!

didier

Hi,

Well, selecting a finished project with the Queries page, select all + right click "ADD TO PROJECT" to (for example) a "dust bin" project called "ARCHIVES" would work for me.

As far as the other suggestions from Torsten are concerned they would surely be welcome ;-)