why am I getting read receipts on this batch?

mrmyth

I've been sending bulk emails previously. This batch, however is returning read receipts. Did I accidentally turn that on somewhere? How do I turn it off.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you very likely checked the box labeled 'Return Receipt' on the message panel.

lesplan

Hi Stan

I just sent out about 500 emails to our subscibers and I guess somehow READ RECEIPT was turned on. This is a real pain to wee through these since a few a actual responses.

It would be a great help if this setting had some sort of confirmation on it to make sure the sender wants it activated.

Cheers.

Eric W.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I take not of your request. Sometimes I wonder whether that function is actually useful.

lesplan

Hi Stan

You are wondering if this feature is useful . . .

In my opinion NOT -- I have used your program for many years and I have never seen a use for it.

Having said that, I could see if a person has an important message to send to a very small number of recipients, it may be useful.

That's my two bits worth.

Eric

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes and if you want to do tracking better use MLM since return receipts are not accurate at all, anyway for the moment I will add a warning dialog as soon as you check it.