What SMTP do you recommend?

emailman11

I am new to MBM and I am looking for the best way to send several thousands of emails a day. I looked at rapidosmtp but it's no longer available.
Is there an smtp provider out there that will not get me blacklisted and still send bulk emails?

dozens

How do I use the built-in SMTP server in OSX? At this point, a 30% non-delivery rate is better than f'ing with this any more :)

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Required steps to activate Postfix are rather complex and differ depending on your system version. For that reason it is highly recommended to use PostFix Enabler. PostFix Enabler is a little tool that allows you to activate and configure PostFix in a few clicks thru a graphical interface.

You can find it here: http://www.cutedgesystems.com/software/PostfixEnabler/

Once Postfix is activated, you just neet to use 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1' as your SMTP server in MaxBulk Mailer.

logic001

Hello Stanbusk and all,

In relation this topic could you pls explain a bit more,
At the moment I use maxmailer to send circa 700 mails about 3 days per week. I am registered to my ISP as a residential user and my authentication is pop via port 110.

I have always received alot of returned emails, I would say circa 30% and am worried it might be alot more that I dont know about.

Are you saying in this post,
Because my ip is registered as residential it is possible one reason why I have alot more emails returns. So I should contact my isp with regards to registering as a business user to assist with returned emails.

Can you pls also advise if POP is the best way to proceed, I know you recommend ESMTP however is this only possible in certain conditions?

Please also advise, what exactly what this plug in assists with.

Many thanks
Paul

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using your own server? I mean a server running on your computer or on your local network?

About POP and ESMTP, this is a server requirement. If a server requires ESMTP you have to use ESMTP. If it is POP then POP. The recommendation is to follow the server requirement.

emailman11

Mail serve not delivering

Couple of weeks ago I told you that Mail serve was great however I was wrong! dead wrong.
Over a week after I sent a bunch of emails through my local host I had received an error message saying:
"I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system"

I am wondering if this happens to everyone or maybe there's something I can do about it.

emailman11

bounces or just not delivering

I don;t know what you want to call it :)
Frustrating as hell.
Any idea how to get around this?

emailman11

How do I use my website's smtp?

Can you explain how? I would love to know.
I used gmail before but they have a limit.
My ISP? I don't want to piss them off.
Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a web site you can also use the SMTP server you get for free. This is by far the best solution.

logic001

Thanks Stanbusk,
I really am useless when it comes to all this tech talk. Sorry! I connect the internet via a broadband network provided my a mainstream isp. I persume this means I dont use my own server??? Again, many thanks for your assistance.

emailman11

500 emails per hour limitation

So I asked me host and they say I can send no more than 500 emails oer hour, I looked around and I see it's a common practice.
So now, would you say my best bet is to set the interval between emails to 8 or 9 seconds so I can send just under 500 emails per hour?
I wonder if anyone tried this before and what kind of results you see.
Thanks

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely, just set the group and interval to the proper values in order to match the delivery pace requirements. Be confident, it really works!

It is also recommended to set the connection number to 1.

emailman11

cool

Finally :)
I will keep you posted to how it's working.
Also, I think you should consider having these instructions in your training material.
BTW, i did some searching regarding the mac postfix issue and apparently I will have to have a static IP setup from my isp in order to have these emails received by other isp's.
You should have that in the training too :wink: