Vietnamese web hosting company is blocking mail function

chrisvn

Hi,

I am using the Rapidweaver plugin by Rapid Ideas for double opt in newsletter sign up.

I have the mlm script uploaded to my Vietnamese web hosting server. The script works well except that the confirmation emails are not being sent.

I emailed their tech support and this is what they said:

PHP mail function is without SMTP authentication ( no need to send mail addresses sent declare and password authentication to send mail SMTP valid ) , just declare send the address to send mail can be successful and this is leading to server anti- spam organizations and prevent international call - receiving mail can not be more than being included in the Black List list .

Therefore , Pavietnam blocked mail function to avoid over occurs .

If you used to write web code , not joomla , wordpress or any other pre-packaged web source that download on the network , then you can use the link below to sendmail in replacement if the current content of the mail your not going to be sending mail ( in this file file inside the guide you can follow )

They said to add this code:
Trong code có đoạn:
$smtp_host ='';//Dia chi mail server
$admin_email = '';//User duoc khai bao tren mail server
$smtp_username = '';//User duoc khai bao tren mail server
$smtp_password = '';//Pass cua email nay

Các bạn có thể thay thế như sau:
$smtp_host ='localhost';//Dia chi mail server
$admin_email = 'email của quý khách';//User duoc khai bao tren mail server
$smtp_username = 'email của quý khách';//User duoc khai bao tren mail server
$smtp_password = 'pass của email này';//Pass cua email nay

Is it possible to add this code somewhere to make mlm and double opt in mailing list work?

chrisvn

Thanks for fast response.

I added the smtp info in the lm_pref.php file as you suggested.

Still not working. I am trying to troubleshoot in a logical way to pin point what the problem is. It is highly likely that I did not get syntax correct.

Note: I have my mail account set up as an imap mail account
Note: I have told Google webmaster that I prefer to use web-ranking.vn instead of http://www.web-ranking.vn

First thing I did was run this command
http://www.web-ranking.vn/lm/lm.php?cmd ... &pwd=XXXXX
All I got was a blank web browser

Then I went to preferences in Max Bulk Mailer and clicked Go
http://www.web-ranking.vn/lm/lm.php
Again blank web browser

In my web page
http://www.web-ranking.vn/seo-seminars- ... h-city.php
I entered first name last name email address...clicked sign up and all I got was "sending forms"

Can you point me to a post that guides me through a basic troubleshooting sequence to begin to figure out what is wrong?

Here is how I edited the lm_prefs.php file
$smtp_auth = true;
$smtp_host = “mail.web-ranking.vn”;
$smtp_username = ‚Äú[email protected]‚Äù;
$smtp_password = “XXXX”;

Thanks in advance,
Chris

chrisvn

Thanks Admin, a week ago I tried all the permission number and 705 worked. Now I don't get anything...just blank page. I changed to 777 and got server error. Changed back to 705 and still get blank. What else could be causing a blank web browser screen.

chrisvn

Please be more specific. :( You wrote "it." Are you referring to the lm folder or the lm.php file? Or both?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You can CHMOD a folder with your FTP software. For example with FTP Disk just connect to your server, select the ‘lm’ folder and either click on the ‘Get Info’ menu or use the Cmd-I on Mac OS or Ctrl-I on Windows. You will get a window with the file permissions at the bottom. Write the new number next to ‘Unix:’ and click on ‘Apply’. Note that the 777 permissions work with most servers but it’s possible your server doesn’t allow them showing a FTP error as soon as you try to change them or an HTTP ‘Internal Server Error’ when you try to run MLM with your browser. In such case try 775, 755 or 705.

chrisvn

Permission issue solved. 0755 is working.

I tried running the init script and I am getting this error:

Error - Impossible to create the database or the table.
[1044: Access denied for user 'webranki_chris1'@'localhost' to database 'webranki_leads1']

I searched the forums for 1044 error and access denied and was not able to find any info.

Please advise

I tried to check the permissions of my one and only user for the DB but could not find it in cpanel. I assume the user webranki_chris1 is admin.

What are your thoughts?

Do I need to edit the .htaccess file?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you sure your mySQL server address is 'localhost'?
The mySQL settings are at the bottom of the lm_settings.php file.
The error you get is because one or several mySQL settings are wrong.

chrisvn

I got mlm scripts running normally. I was able to init and create a list.

Now when I got to my website, I enter first name, last name and email...then click go..
You can reproduce the problem here:
http://www.web-ranking.vn/how-to-do-key ... earch.html

On Safari I only get Sending Form....nothing happens
On Firefox I get Sending Form...Thanks for Subscribing...but then there is no double opt-in email sent to my inbox

My web hosting companying is telling me to add this code:

Add scripting code files into smtp.php

Then the command on this file include the php page that has has the function SendMail ()

Then replace:
mail ($ tomail, $ frommail, $ content, $ subject);

with

SendMail ($ frommail, $ tomail, $ subject, $ content);

The parameters will need:

$ smtp_host = 'mail.sindredesign.com'; / / mailserver address
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† $ ADMIN_EMAIL = [email='[email protected]]'[email protected][/email]'; / / user has been declared on the mail server
¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† $ smtp_username = [email='[email protected]]'[email protected][/email]'; / / user has been declared on the mail server
       $ smtp_password = '123456 '; / / Password this message

Note: this email you have created on your email hosting is declared in variable: $ smtp_host.

Question 1: Does this advice make sense to you, Stanbusk?

Question 2: Which file in the lm folder has the SendMail () function?

chrisvn

By the way,

I updated the lm_pref.php file to look like this:

// -- Security -----------------------------------------------------------------

$allowedhosts = "all"; // List of allowed hosts for fowards "www.myhost1.com,www.myhost2.com,..."

// -- SMTP Host ----------------------------------------------------------------
// To use only if MLM fails sending messages because the server needs authentication

$smtp_auth = True; // Activate or deactivate SMTP Authentication
$smtp_host = "mail.web-ranking.vn"; // The SMTP host address
$smtp_username = "[email protected]"; // The SMTP account user name
$smtp_password = "XXXYYYXX"; // The SMTP account password; I used the correct pwd of course

chrisvn

My web hosting company told me to change mail.web-ranking.vn to localhost

I did but still only get "sending form"...no emails are sent to my inbox for double opt in confirmation

// -- SMTP Host ----------------------------------------------------------------
// To use only if MLM fails sending messages because the server needs authentication

$smtp_auth = True; // Activate or deactivate SMTP Authentication
$smtp_host = "localhost"; // The SMTP host address
$smtp_username = "[email protected]"; // The SMTP account user name
$smtp_password = "20*wrv14"; // The SMTP account password

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Try to run the MLM diagnostic, it is:

...lm.php?cmd=diagnose&pwd=YOUR_PASSWORD

What do you get?

chrisvn

Here is what I get:

MLM 3.1.2 diagnose ran on 2014-03-28 at 16:45:34

request_uri = http://web-ranking.vn/lm/lm.php?cmd=dia ... *ChrisW114
path_to_script = http://web-ranking.vn/lm/lm.php
working_directory = /home/webranki/public_html/lm

mailqueue permissions = 0755
sqlqueue permissions = 0755
uploads permissions = 0755
imports permissions = 0755
templates permissions = 0755

#1 mysql_connect( localhost, webranki_chris1, 20*Leads114, webranki_leads1 )
-> Connection OK!

#2 mysql_select_db( webranki_leads1 )
-> Database selection OK!

#3 mysql_query( SELECT * FROM `tbl_mlm_sub_req` WHERE `fld_sub` = '0' )
-> Query OK!

#4 mysql_query( SELECT * FROM `tbl_mlm_sub` WHERE `fld_list` = '' )
-> Query OK!

#5 mysql_query( SELECT * FROM `tbl_mlm_sub_clk` WHERE `fld_delivery` = '' )
-> Query OK!

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2897

Notice: Use of undefined constant fld_list - assumed 'fld_list' in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2898

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2898

Notice: Use of undefined constant fld_list - assumed 'fld_list' in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2898

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2897

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2898

Notice: Undefined variable: count in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 183

Warning: Missing argument 1 for GetDeliveryListSizeFromDB(), called in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 4122 and defined in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 4163

Warning: Missing argument 2 for GetDeliveryListSizeFromDB(), called in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 4122 and defined in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 4163
#6 2 list(s), 3 recipient(s), 0 deliveries
-> No error found.

Lists (List Name | Total Recipients | Modification Date):

| 2 | 2014-03-27 12:21:06
newsletter_sign_ups | 1 | 2014-03-27 12:21:06

chrisvn

I turned off debugging as you asked. I ran diagnostic and here is what I got

MLM 3.1.2 diagnose ran on 2014-04-03 at 07:33:56

request_uri = http://web-ranking.vn/lm/lm.php?cmd=dia ... *ChrisW114
path_to_script = http://web-ranking.vn/lm/lm.php
working_directory = /home/webranki/public_html/lm

mailqueue permissions = 0755
sqlqueue permissions = 0755
uploads permissions = 0755
imports permissions = 0755
templates permissions = 0755

#1 mysql_connect( localhost, webranki_chris1, 20*Leads114, webranki_leads1 )
-> Connection OK!

#2 mysql_select_db( webranki_leads1 )
-> Database selection OK!

#3 mysql_query( SELECT * FROM `tbl_mlm_sub_req` WHERE `fld_sub` = '0' )
-> Query OK!

#4 mysql_query( SELECT * FROM `tbl_mlm_sub` WHERE `fld_list` = '' )
-> Query OK!

#5 mysql_query( SELECT * FROM `tbl_mlm_sub_clk` WHERE `fld_delivery` = '' )
-> Query OK!

#6 2 list(s), 3 recipient(s), 0 deliveries
-> No error found.

Lists (List Name | Total Recipients | Modification Date):
| 2 | 2014-03-27 12:21:06
newsletter_sign_ups | 1 | 2014-03-27 12:21:06

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The report shows MLM is working fine and the mySQL addresses and credentials are correct. However there is no testing of the mail system. MLM uses standard PHP mail() command. It is not our code but the code of PHP. If it doesn't work you have to ask your server support.

chrisvn

I asked the server support and here is what they said:

On error_log file in folder public_html/lm.

[03-Apr-2014 07:35:37] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'Mail.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/webranki/public_html/lm/lm_functions.php on line 2073

Where your file "Mail.php" be defined?