URL for unsubscribe

joeblack

I am using the web page format option. I have "unsubscribe" on the web page that I use so that those who wish to unsubscribe can do so with ease. I am using "http://www.myurl.com/lm" as the URL behind it and it takes me to my subscribe/unsubscribe page on my website with no problem. However, the email text box is empty. Is there a way to make the email address populate the text box so that my client won't have type in the email address? Am I using the wrong URL or wrong path?

Please advise.

JoeBlack

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You can open that page with parameters:
Code:
http://www.myurl.com/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php?email=[E-mail Address]&firstname=[Firstname]&lastname=[Surname]&list=[List name]
Those parameters are optional. You can use any of them, in any order. Make sure the tags are process properly especially [List name] if you use it.

Another solution is to use the [Unsubscribe] tag directly in your message. That will generate an unsubscribe link the recipient can click to directly unsubscribe.

joeblack

I used the parameters you suggested and the email address populates fine, but I can not get the first and last names to populate the unsubscribe text fields and they are required to do a complete unsubscribe.

Please advise.

Joe

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You can deactivate that on the file. Remove:

if ( $firstname == "" ) { $errors[] = "Enter your first name in the first name text box"; $wrong['firstname'] = TRUE; }
if ( $lastname == "" ) { $errors[] = "Enter your last name in the last name text box"; $wrong['lastname'] = TRUE; }

joeblack

I have found the unsubscribe tag. I have now uploaded a new list and when I try to unsubscribe from it, the old list is still being looked for.

I just want this app to do two things right now: populate the first name and last name when unsubscribe is selected from my newsletter and unsubscribe from the correct list.

Thanks.

Joe

PS: when i mouse over the unsubscribe tag in the test newsletters, the correct list is in the url. For some reason it is not carrying over to the unsubscribe web page.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand, what is the relation with the unsubscribe tag and the subscribe form? I don't see any. Can you explain?

joeblack

I am trying to send a web page as a newsletter. I give the url, the page comes up in the preview. I try to use the unsubscribe tag, it does not show up on preview or when it is received in test emails. I try tp hard code the unsubscribe using the path that you gave me, the only thing that populates the text fields on the unsubscribe page is the email addy, not the required names.

Joe

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The unsubscribe tag is supposed to be replaced by the MLM unsubscribe URL, what do you get instead?

joeblack

When I use the webpage format, the unsubscribe tag does not show at all in the sent email. When I use the tag in styled text, it shows up in the sent email. Does the unsubscribe tab not work when used in conjunction with the web page format?

Joe