Uploading List

lithoart

I have a local list I am wanting to upload to MLM.

It says it has 525 recipients in list with 351 recipients activated.
Some of the "not activated" ones are unsubscribes and/or blacklisted.

When I "Upload to MLM...", the file successfully uploads but the whole 525 recipients are uploaded. So if I use this Remote List for the mail out, will ALL 525 (including the unsubscribes and blacklist) going to get it?

What do I have to do, if I want ONLY the activated ones to upload (NOT the unsubscribes and blacklisted)?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Blacklist acts as a filter. That means that a list of yours, local or remote may have blacklisted emails in it but since the blacklist acts as a filter, blacklisted addresses will never be sent messages.

lithoart

I now understand that the Blacklist acts as a filter.

Correct me please if I am wrong.
So the local list that I upload to MLM becomes a remote list that I may select on any computer.
But the blacklist (which acts as the filter) is a local file that filters the remote list, for it to ignore sending emails to.

Can the balcklist filter file be remote as well, so any computer will have the remote list as well as the blacklist filter?

Then the actual emails sent will be the same regardless of which computer sends it.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
So the local list that I upload to MLM becomes a remote list that I may select on any computer.
Yes.
But the blacklist (which acts as the filter) is a local file that filters the remote list, for it to ignore sending emails to.
Yes.
Can the balcklist filter file be remote as well, so any computer will have the remote list as well as the blacklist filter?
Not a good idea, it will make it very slow. Since the blacklist can be exported like any other list, I recommend you to export it and on the other computer, select the blacklist and just drop the export file over it. Then save it and you are done, you have the same blacklist on the two computers.