upload list WITH Opt-in?

jgoodnough

I use an online registration process 4 times per year for approx 200 students. I iimport the data from a PERL script on a remote server. Once I have collated the data is is possible to manually upload that list of names/email addresses via MLM to my server AND have them receive the Opt-in confirmation message? I know it works without the Opt-in reply but without the double opt-in many of them it seems are still not getting my mailings.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, MLM includes an HTML upload file you can use for that. It is located in the HTML folder.

jgoodnough

O.k., I found the html file that I believe you refer to, called "upload_list.php" I have created a test file containing 3 tab delimited records. Each one is a 1st name, last name, company and email address in that order.

I used your "create list" script to make a new SQL list and table. I upload the test file to the new list and the file uploads fine and the script confirms the upload. However the opt-in message is never sent to any of the test file subscriber names.

Am I supposed to edit the upload script somehow to specifiy this action?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
When you upload a list you will not get those messages sent to the recipients. If you want the script to send those messages you will have in fact to modify the script. You will have to remove the code adding the recipients directly and use the code used for subscription.