unsubscribe problem

michiel

Hello,

I have send my first Press release to a local mail list I manually created. In this PR, which is a html-page, people can (un)subscribe. But because I manually created the local mail list, people who want to unsubscribe get an error, as the unsubscription only account for the remote list. I don't want to copy all the mail addresses to the remote list, because they exist of separate lists. Also i don't want people who want to unsubscribe make a list-choise to unsubscribe to, because they have never subscribed in the first place...and don't know which list to unsubscribe.

The best solution would be is when people unsubscribe, they are directly on the blacklist. Which allow me to have multiple local lists of different mail adresses.

Is this possible? Or do you have an other solution for me?

Thanks.

Gr. Michiel.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
MLM gives support for local list unsubscribes as well. You just have to activate the 'Check for unsubscribe requests when selecting a local list' option.

michiel

I Have checked this option now. But still I have difficulties with unsubscribing. I now try to use the unsubscribe tag, but when i do this i get the #103 error. I look for this error for a solution in the forum, but could find a working one.
Sometimes i don't get this error, but then the unsubscribe tag is not working properly. It then is a long line of characters and when clicked it doesn't transport the email-address. It only links to the unsubscribe-page.
I'm looking for a solution where I can send webpages a newsletter in which one can unsubscribe in a easy way. And the unsubscribtion will work on all the lists, local and remote. Hope you can help me with this! Thanks!

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What is the MLM URL you have entered in MaxBulk Mailer preferences? Error 103 means an inexistent domain.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The URL is OK. Look at one of those messages, can you send me the Unsubscribe code so I can have a look?

michiel

This is the code i use in the html file:

<a href="http://www.collectiefondergrond.nl/lm/html/subscribe_single_fixed.php?email=[E-mail Address]&firstname=[Firstname]&lastname=[Surname]&list=[List name]" target="_blank">(un)subscribe</a>

I also tried to send a mail as a webpage with the [unsubscribe] tag, that also did not work.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Remove: target="_blank"

You could also simply use the [Unsubscribe] tag in your message. HAve you tried?

michiel

I have removed the target="_blank"
Now i can click on subscribe and go to the (un)subscribe page. But there my email address in not present, i have to type it in myself. And when I want to unsubscribe, it doesn't recognise me. It only recognises people from the remote list. But it should recognise all people on all lists.

The [Unsubscribe] tag doesn't do anything. It only works a partly in the HTML-file.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The [Unsubscribe] tag is the tag to use in order to insert an unsubscribe URL automatically. If it doesn't' work, check your preferences, 'Tags' panel, 'Unsubscribe' tag. There should be some text present there.

michiel

In my lists there is a (4th) column with e-mail addresses.
But in my preferences there is no 'e-mail address' tag. Only 'sur name', 'family name' and 'company'. I am also not possible to create the e-mail address tag.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
The email address tag is [E-mail Address]. That tag can't be renamed, reason why it is not present in the preference tag panel whose function is to let you rename tags.

michiel

Ok, i get that.

But still I have this problem.

When I use the [Unsubscribe] tag, I get the #103 error...

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, that error means the domain of your MLM URL setting doesn't exist. Go to the preview, click on the eye icon and select the menu to show the message source. Send me the Unsubscribe source part.

michiel

This is interesting, it shows nothing. When i click it takes a long time to think. After 1 minute, or so, it is ready, but only shows the error #103. (in red, left top of the screen). The message part is empty. When i click on 'Safari' in the eye-icon-menu it also takes a long time and then shows nothing, in Safari. Same with the source version there.

If i choose the last option in the eye-icon-menu, which is in the Dutch version 'platte tekst' which means something as 'plain text', it shows this:

http://www.collectiefondergrond.nl/lm/l ... er_01.html

(this is the original message:

[VolledigeNaam]
[Voornaam]
[Achternaam]
[Bedrijf]
[E-mail adres]
[Base href]
[Afmelden]
[Datum (voluit)]

http://www.collectiefondergrond.nl/news ... er_01.html

)*

*Without the ( and )

You need more info?

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
What version of MaxBulk Mailer are you using?
Have you tried to change the message font?