Unsubscribe on MLM just deleted, no blacklist?

Adrian Binggeli

Hi,
i am testing the unsubscribe function of mlm, but i have troubles figuring out what is the best way to use it.

1. i tested MLM with local lists, i uploaded the lists with exactly the same list name to MLM, then i expected, when someone unsubscribes it would be automatically entered in my local list until i found out i have to click the icon on the RIGHT "unsubscribes from mlm" okay that works.

2. i testet MLM with remote lists, here when someone unsubscribes the entry in the remote list just get's deleted, but there i have to press the icon on the LEFT "Refresh or UPDATE" (i have the german version what says AKTUALISIEREN, but better would be like on local lists that i can see them and put them on the BLACKLIST.

But my problem is, i like to put the people that remove themselves on a list to the BLACKLIST, so they never get an email anymore (because we import our Email Adresses Regularly with the IMPORT form different csv files with the updated Email Adresses) so when i do that the unsubscribed user will be imported again and will get the newsletter again unless he is on the blacklist.

But there is the problem, how can i update the blacklist on mlm, because if i am right there is no blacklist on the MLM remote lists.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely Adrian

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to do that manually. MLM has no access to the blacklist.

Note that MLM can be set to not delete unsubscribed recipients but just mark them as unsubscribed. This is a setting in the lm_prefs.php. Perhaps you could then use those entered to add them to the blacklist.

Adrian Binggeli

Hi stanbusk,
thank you for the tipp. I changed the setting in the lm_prefs.php and it is already a better solution.

But another question, when i save a Template inside MBM, and later reload it, why is the corresponding List of receivers not automatically set? The List entry is always empty, and i have to know with wich list i sendet the Email. Any tipp there?

Sincerely sk8connection

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Template stands for message template. Lists are never included in the template, just the message.