Unsubscribe Link does not work

X-USMC

Good Morning: I have noticed the past 2 days that I have not had any unsubscription's when I send out an email. I have been receiving emails complaining that the Unsubscribe link does not work. Prior to each email sent, I test the email and its links by sending one to myself. I check the links to see if they work, then check the Unsubscribe tag to see if I will be Unsubscribed from my MLM list. If the Unsubscribe tag works, I then send to my list of recipients. below is how I ad the link and the series of events that follow.

1) Unsubscribe tag in code

2) Unsubscribe tag as it appears in email

3) Unsubscribe tag as it appears in received email

I will then click the link to unsubscribe and I receive a message that the email address has been removed from the said list. I check my data base and it is in fact removed. The problem is that it has not worked for my email recipients for 2 days or so. I have had zero unsubscriptions and complaints that the unsubscribe link does not work. Is there a glitch that you need to look at?

Thank You
Thomas Wilkins

X-USMC

As I said in the beginning of my post, the Unsubscribe works when I send a test email to myself, so MSQL is not down. I have a great idea. I can send to you the very email I am having difficulty with. I need an email address, I will ad it to my list then populate the email from the remote list, select your email and send it to you. You can then click on the unsubscribe link and see for yourself.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Well, a server can be done a few minutes because it has a lost the connection or it is restarting. As a result the server can be unreachable at a given moment. Don't you think that could explain the problem? I don't see any other explanation :-/