[Unsubscribe] All At Once WITHOUT Checkboxes?

The only option I can find for unsubscribing from all list is by checking them off one-by-one. We have some revealing information in our contact list names (not to mention the fact that we have dozens of lists), so we'd rather our customers NOT be able to see all of our lists when they go to unsubscribe. To the best of my knowledge, unsubscribe_auto_single.php only unsubscribes from one default contact list. Is there not a way for a subscriber to unsubscribe themselves from every single list in one fell swoop?

Would the easiest way to do this to create a blacklist-list for them to "subscribe" to and then add that list to the global blacklist every single time I'm about to send out a newsletter? Please help. I really love this software and sincerely want it to work for our purposes.

subscribe_auto_multiple.php has like a million checkboxes that the user would have to go through and check in order to unsubscribe from all of the list. First of all, that defeats the purpose of them not being able to see the names of the lists; secondly, there's not a "select all" option that would automatically select all of the lists for them, and even if there was, they would still be able to see the names of all the lists.

I'm just looking for a simple way to unsubscribe from all lists at once with MLM.

I would even be willing to type all the names of all my lists in the code if there was a way to do it on subscribe_auto_single.php. It looks like there should be a way since you are able to provide the name of the list they are subscribing to / unsubscribing from. I just want to be able to specify multiple lists, rather than only one, so that they process is smooth for the user.

I just want to make sure that when a user unsubscribes, they get unsubscribed COMPLETELY, from all lists, all at once. It doesn't look like it should be that difficult, and I'm surprised that it's not a default option.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Then use the unsubscribe command:
Code:
../lm/lm.php?cmd=unsubscribe[&list=list1[;list2;...]]&email=email_addr[&pwd=password]
This command when used without the administrator password lets a visitor unsubscribe himself from one or several lists. When used with the administrator password the command forces the direct unsubscription of an address from one or several lists bypassing the double opt-in mechanism. If no list is submitted the email address will be unsubscribed from all lists.

AAAAHH! Awesome! Thank you so much!

...wait.

Say I wanted to include this on the subscribe/unsubscribe form as the action of the submit button. How would this code work? It seems I get an error every time I ad the brackets, and it never recognizes more than one list whenever I add just the &'s. What is the correct syntax? Please show me for the following list names: Products - All, Products - Snow, and Products - Fog.

Also, how could I include this link in an email? It wouldn't have the ability to include their email address, would it? Would I have to use MBM's tags or something?

Never mind. I figured it out. No brackets, just semi-colons. I thought I tried this as one of my first approaches, but apparently not. It just sucks that I'll have to type in the names of all of my lists, and then change it up every time I add a new list. It looks like there should be a way to specify all lists with PHP. If every list can be displayed in subscribe_multiple.php, it looks like you could use a similar command to unsubscribe from multiple lists as well, but apparently not.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
If you omit the list parameter MLM will unsubscribe from all lists. Is it what you are looking for?

Yes, I'm looking for exactly that, but that is not working for me. Whenever I leave out the list parameter, it fails to find my email address in the system (when it definitely is). Then I'll go in and add the list parameter, and it will find my email address and remove me, no problem. Why can't I get this to work the way I need it to?!?!?!?!

I ended up pretty much creating my own subscribe_auto_multiple out of subscribe_auto_single by adding like 5 other different submit buttons for the specific lists I want people to be able to subscribe to. Then I had to add the names of all of those lists to another button called" Subscribe All"; THEN I had to name EVERY SINGLE LIST I OWN to create an "Unsubscribe All" button. This is very annoying.

IDEALLY, I would love to be able to use subscribe_auto_multiple and only have a select few of my lists available in the checkboxes, and have an "Unsubscribe All" button that functions normally without me having to name all of my lists.

I hope I am giving you some really great things to ponder for upcoming versions. Have you been taking notes? Lol.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I take note.

What command have you used? Did you actually fully omit the 'list' parameter?

Well wtf am I missing here? Lol! It just doesn't work! I subscribe to a list, I run the command without the list param -- I'm not found in the system; I run the command WITH the list param, and boom -- unsubscribed. Weird!

Update: My [UNSUBSCRIBE] link works flawlessly (I'm pretty sure -- I haven't had any problems with it, but I did get one person complaining that she's tried twice to unsubscribe with no success), but I still can't get the PHP unsubscribe command to work when inserted in code or in the browser's address bar. So weird.