Tracking nos

JanLash

I am not clear how tracking nos work. I have just started a new document for the new year and the first few entries gave the tracking number in sequence but now I seem to be getting repetitions and automatic payments seem not to be given a number at all. Am I missing something? I would have thought that there should be only one of any number in a document.

stanbusk

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, tracking numbers are custom numbers you can write on your documents before archiving them. If one day you need to see that document again you just need to search for the transaction in iCash, look at the number and get the document back. That will work if you archive you document by tracking number actually :)

Transactions are numbered when you enter them manually. When do you say numbers are not entered?

JanLash

Thanks, Stan, but the numbers do not seem to appear automatically. The January entries began at 1 but automated payments were entered without any number. Then February entries began again at 1. There must be something I am doing wrong but I can't see what. It's not a big deal but it irritates me! :roll: